Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 52

Thread: Alan Shatter is an idiot

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Alan Shatter is an idiot

    'The PDs are nothing more than a party of hustlers, drifters and con artists' - former TD and Dublin South candidate, Alan Shatter

    Ok it may go down with a roar of support amounst the FG members at conference but it is a stupid statement in my view.

    Before I supported the PDs I gave Alan Shatter a number 1 in two elections.He also got high transfers in our household of 5 voters.

    After these comments he wont get a transfer in our house. i doubt he will get many transfers from any of the 200 plus PD members in Dublin South.

    Given he has a lot of work to do to win back his seat,why alienate transfers from people like me who would have been FG friendly?

    Is there a logic to it?

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    113
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: Alan Shatter is an idiot

    Quote Originally Posted by salt
    Is there a logic to it?
    The answer is in your subject line.
    That's complete nonsense. I disagree with you.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    427
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: Alan Shatter is an idiot

    Quote Originally Posted by salt
    Is there a logic to it?
    Attacking the government is kind of his job. With the PDs being in government, this doesn't seem all that irrational.

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dublin South
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    200+ PD members in Dublin South

    Where have you all been hiding then? Shatter isn't running for the PDs, in fact it was probably Liz O'Donnell that cost him his seat last time, of course he is going to come out with this sort of statement.

    Since he was selected to run for Fine Gael last Autumn he has stated that he is after the PD seat and is intent on removing Liz O'Donnell from office, the PDs are now a redundant party reliant on McDowell for a few vociferous soundbites!

    I would strongly agree with Alan here especially in relation to the PDs being a party of drifters
    Economic Left/Right: -2.63
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.85

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    84
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I this a direct quote and where does it come from?
    Believe those who search for truth. Doubt those who claim to have found it -André Gide (1869-1951) Nobel Laureate 1947

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    EweSeeDee
    Posts
    231
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: Alan Shatter is an idiot

    Quote Originally Posted by Pidge
    Attacking the government is kind of his job. With the PDs being in government, this doesn't seem all that irrational.
    He should be a little more careful when it comes to attracting potential transfer votes. PD types would be prone to vote for Shatter generally. Maybe this is why he lost his seat in the first place.

    Its just a bit of usual political guff I guess, but here he is attacking the actual members (and supporters) of the party rather than the policies of the party in government.


    Calling an entire group of people 'con-artists' is a bit much. Then again Shatter is known to be just a tad arrogant every now and again.
    "Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative."
    Oscar Wilde

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    420
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    They've degenerated to a single issue (tax) party with no ideas on anything else.

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    280
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smashey
    200+ PD members in Dublin South
    2002 PD FPVs Dublin South

    O'Donnell, Liz (PDs) 8,288

    Votes (particularly the unsplit variety) tend to make more of a difference than members....
    The only way to change the world is to win elections.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smashey
    200+ PD members in Dublin South

    Where have you all been hiding then? Shatter isn't running for the PDs, in fact it was probably Liz O'Donnell that cost him his seat last time, of course he is going to come out with this sort of statement.

    Since he was selected to run for Fine Gael last Autumn he has stated that he is after the PD seat and is intent on removing Liz O'Donnell from office, the PDs are now a redundant party reliant on McDowell for a few vociferous soundbites!

    I would strongly agree with Alan here especially in relation to the PDs being a party of drifters
    I think your missing my point.To get elected you need many number 1s and transfers.Hes lost 3-5 transfers in my house,and there are many PD members and supporters and voters. You can be agaisnt the PDs in government and their policies,but where you have a natural pool of transfers why go out of yer way to remove them.

    I ve no doubt Jim O Leary will be laughing at this. You dont hear Olivia Mitchell or Jim O Leary saying this.

    Theres an average 10% of the people ion Dublin South who support the PDs he is saying that they vote for con artists.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gladstone
    They've degenerated to a single issue (tax) party with no ideas on anything else.
    ************************ off out of this thread or stick to the subject

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •