Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hersh: Children sodomized at Abu Ghraib, on tape

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Hersh: Children sodomized at Abu Ghraib, on tape

After Donald Rumsfeld testified on the Hill about Abu Ghraib in May, there was talk of more photos and video in the Pentagon's custody more horrific than anything made public so far. "If these are released to the public, obviously it's going to make matters worse," Rumsfeld said. Since then, the Washington Post has disclosed some new details and images of abuse at the prison. But if Seymour Hersh is right, it all gets much worse.

Hersh: Children sodomized at Abu Ghraib, on tape - War Room - Salon.com

http://digg.com/politics/Hersh_Child...Ghraib_on_tape

Total depravity

edit: i hadn't realised this article was 4 years old - however it's news to me
    Last edited by rhonda15; 11th May 2009 at 07:54 PM.
    "The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists.'' ~ J. Edgar Hoover http://tiny.cc/b2jo9

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Its four years old and as far as I'm aware it hasn't been denied.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rhonda15 View Post
    After Donald Rumsfeld testified on the Hill about Abu Ghraib in May, there was talk of more photos and video in the Pentagon's custody more horrific than anything made public so far. "If these are released to the public, obviously it's going to make matters worse," Rumsfeld said. Since then, the Washington Post has disclosed some new details and images of abuse at the prison. But if Seymour Hersh is right, it all gets much worse.

Hersh: Children sodomized at Abu Ghraib, on tape - War Room - Salon.com

Hersh: Children sodomized at Abu Ghraib, on tape

Total depravity

edit: i hadn't realised this article was 4 years old - however it's news to me

I read a report of a boy being raped in abu ghraib some years ago.

Allegedly a female US soldier callously took pictures of the abuse as it happened and did nothing to stop it.

Abu Ghraib: inmates raped, ridden like animals, and forced to eat pork - Middle East, World - The Independent

Of course Chuck Graner who was convicted for offences at abu ghraib, had been a guard in the US prison system.

It has often been alleged that rape of male prisoners is a horrific problem in US prisons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Coming out in the wash now

Maj Gen Taguba’s internal inquiry into the abuse at Abu Ghraib, included sworn statements by 13 detainees, which, he said in the report, he found “credible based on the clarity of their statements and supporting evidence provided by other witnesses.”

Among the graphic statements, which were later released under US freedom of information laws, is that of Kasim Mehaddi Hilas in which he says: “I saw [name of a translator] ******* a kid, his age would be about 15 to 18 years. The kid was hurting very bad and they covered all the doors with sheets. Then when I heard screaming I climbed the door because on top it wasn’t covered and I saw [name] who was wearing the military uniform, putting his **** in the little kid’s ***…. and the female soldier was taking pictures.”

Abu Ghraib abuse photos 'show rape' - Telegraph

It could never happen here.
    Last edited by He3; 28th May 2009 at 01:06 AM.
    "It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair.

Asi-Irish

I'm surprised that none of the usual suspects has been on to defend this practice yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Asi-Irish View Post
    I'm surprised that none of the usual suspects has been on to defend this practice yet.

I'm not.

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Asi-Irish View Post
    No one defends this kind of thing. What I object to is that it is used by people with an agenda to suggest this is routine behaviour for the US military and is some kind of moral yardstick for the US and their foreign policy. Listening to some you'd think this was routine for US army personnel. It wasn't. The result is moral one upmanship with Islamists and the left using these goings on to score politcal points while downplaying or ignoring the rotten, corrupt and twisted systems that exist in countries who have an animus against the US. The wall to wall coverage of Guantanmo Bay and Abu Ghraib contrasts sharply with the limited coverage of the far worse goings on in prisons in Iran, North Korea, Burma, Syria and Turkey and many other countries.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Clanrickard, can't you do us a favour and avoid discussions for adults?

Border... I dont think he can do anyone any favours...

Such behaviour is a norm in the US military...

Take the case of Steven Green for example...

Steven Dale Green - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The problem is very little is coming to the surface as the mainstream "independent" media is part and parcel of the problem... They even have a word for this... They call it "balance"...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Qasim Afridi View Post
    Take the case of Steven Green for example...

Steven Dale Green - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    You mean the guy facing the death penalty for rape and murder?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast