Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mannix Flynn

Politics.ie Member evercloserunion's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Mannix Flynn

Mannix Flynn to stand as an Independent in local elections - The Irish Times - Sat, Apr 04, 2009

Apparently has been in the running for a while but I hadn't heard of him until I saw his posters today. Anyone know much about him? I must say he looks quite intimidating on his posters but the IT story paints a better picture of him.
    To live honestly, to hurt no one, to give every one his due.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well he has a website for the campaign
    Vote Mannix Flynn 2009

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He's an attention seeking w#nker.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He'll get at substantial vote out of Mercer House, York Street etc..

Would be an outside chance of getting a seat, with Independents polling at 20% nationwide. We are going to see a lot of Independents elected this time
    The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The story of Mannix:> A young boy growing up in the Dublin slums in the 1950s, 1960s and 1970s. He spent years in industrial schools as a young boy. By the age of 16 he had graduated to St. Patrick’s Institution for juvenile offenders. On 19 May 1973, two medical doctors certified him as insane under section 2 of the Criminal Lunatic (Ireland) Act 1838. As a boy of 14 years of age, he had already run the gamut of industrial schools under the aegis of the Department of Education. In a private and confidential letter to the Secretary of the Department of Education, stamped “not to be read in open court”, the psychiatric consultant gave his view of the young man from the Dublin slums. Oireachtas Debates

codology wrote:
    He's an attention seeking w#nker.
    I very much doubt that you would say that within earshot of Mannix - if you did though I'd bet you would be seeking attention. Now kindly go away and give your other hand some practice.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lives in Kerry though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He is critical of “so-called activists” who claim to be working on behalf of tenants but are actually “exploiting the exploited”.

The State’s drugs policies have failed, he says, because they criminalise addiction.

“The State is happy to hand out needles to addicts but takes no responsibility for them when they inject.”

He suggests a pilot scheme for the controlled distribution of heroin to addicts.
    Sounds like a man with ideas who is no afraid of making a stand. Good luck to him.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew49 View Post
    The story of Mannix:> A young boy growing up in the Dublin slums in the 1950s, 1960s and 1970s. He spent years in industrial schools as a young boy. By the age of 16 he had graduated to St. Patrick’s Institution for juvenile offenders. On 19 May 1973, two medical doctors certified him as insane under section 2 of the Criminal Lunatic (Ireland) Act 1838. As a boy of 14 years of age, he had already run the gamut of industrial schools under the aegis of the Department of Education. In a private and confidential letter to the Secretary of the Department of Education, stamped “not to be read in open court”, the psychiatric consultant gave his view of the young man from the Dublin slums. Oireachtas Debates

codology wrote: I very much doubt that you would say that within earshot of Mannix - if you did though I'd bet you would be seeking attention. Now kindly go away and give your other hand some practice.
    Is that you Mannix you will not get more than 400 votes,the people from your own area know what you are,the only votes you will get will be from middle class types who think your an artiste.

He's the drinking man's colm o'gorman. he's an assh*le. and arts council member. i'll tell him to ****************************** off to his face if he comes to my door.

* he doesn't even live in the constituency
    * he showed no real balls over the o'searcaigh affair, and guess what - is back on the Toscaireacht (Toscaireacht | Aosdana)
    * another whinger about investment in the community who doesnt pay his fair share of taxes (The Stage / News / Prominent Irish artists benefit from tax breaks)
    * has no problem making money out of other people's sexual grief - without their permission (Don't make films about Kerry babies, Joanne Hayes pleads - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

His posters are up already. I ripped a few down myself.
    Please sign the petition to establish a national day of celebration in honour of the vision of the United Irishmen!
    United Irishmen Day Petition
    Skinflicks blog
    Rep abuse illustrated

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast