Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicky Kehoe

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Nicky Kehoe

What are people's thoughts on Cllr. Nicky Kehoe in Cabra? I haven't heard much about him myself but my grandad's in Fianna Fáil and doesn't think much of him. ¬_¬

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Nicky Kehoe

Quote Originally Posted by coconut
    What are people's thoughts on Cllr. Nicky Kehoe in Cabra? I haven't heard much about him myself but my grandad's in Fianna Fáil and doesn't think much of him. ¬_¬
    Shock and awe!
    "Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber."
    Plato

Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can only go on the word of one of our apprentices from a few years back, who thought Nicky was the best thing since sliced bread. He said that before Nicky came out of Portlaoise, Cabra was full of drugs, but after a little while, the problem cleared up. Thats why many many many people supported him. He was into getting things done, not talking about them. Its a pity that he didn't decide to stand in the next GE, the Dail needs more men (and women) like him
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

Politics.ie Newbie
    London (aka Lisbon Treaty/PD demise émigré)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rockofcashel
    I can only go on the word of one of our apprentices from a few years back, who thought Nicky was the best thing since sliced bread. He said that before Nicky came out of Portlaoise, Cabra was full of drugs, but after a little while, the problem cleared up. Thats why many many many people supported him. He was into getting things done, not talking about them. Its a pity that he didn't decide to stand in the next GE, the Dail needs more men (and women) like him
    I dont know much about the guy can you fill me in?
    "I thought that I had a duty to help those that weren't as lucky as me." -- John Hume

Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by campbeca
    Quote Originally Posted by rockofcashel
    I dont know much about the guy can you fill me in?
    Got ten years in jail for sitting in a car.

Ok, it was outside Galen Westons house.
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think he was briefly a selector for the Dublin hurlers a few years back before some inevitable squabble or other led to him being thrown overboard.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

why did he pull out of the GE....I think he would have taken the seat and ML can have ran elsewhere

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nils
    I think he was briefly a selector for the Dublin hurlers a few years back before some inevitable squabble or other led to him being thrown overboard.
    Dont think he got that far. Because of politics he wasnt appointed to be a selector, apparently. Think he is involved with St. Finbarrs in Cabra.
    "Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber."
    Plato

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Decko
    why did he pull out of the GE....I think he would have taken the seat and ML can have ran elsewhere
    I think he pulled out by himself and there was no need for any competition. You're right though he probably would have gone on to win a seat.
    Revolution not devolution.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think it's a pity he didn't stand. Seems to have been fairly effective. My understanding was it was a personal matter that prevented him, which seems odd, but then again.
    "I like you. You're all right. Actually, I like you better meeting you than if somebody had just given me your record."
    Joey Ramone
    http://cedarlounge.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast