Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 274 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Spiritofireland.org - suggests energy independence in five years and much more

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Spiritofireland.org - suggests energy independence in five years and much more

Very interesting discussion on the Today with Pat Kenny Show this morning concerning Wind Energy. Electrical Engineer Graham O'Donnell and Professor Igor Shvets from Trinity College discussed a wind energy project that could save all of Ireland's energy problems. It was also confirmed that politically even to Government level that the proposals have been greeted with enthusiasm.

The mission of Spirit of Ireland seems to be a breakthrough National Project which is supposed to create tens of thousands of jobs, achieve energy independence in five years, save €30 billion importing fossil fuels, create potential to add €50bn to our Economy and slash carbon dioxide emissions.

This is their Website for further details: Spirit of Ireland – A breakthrough National Project aiming for energy independence within five years. The project aims to create tens of thousands of jobs, inject a €10b stimulus to the economy, secure savings of €30b importing fossil fuel

The discussion on the Today with Pat Kenny Show is here (starts at about 34 mins in): RTÉ.ie Media Player: RTÉ Radio 1

Apparently there are "adverts" in the National Newspapers today as well re the above

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ah Well View Post
    The mission of Spirit of Ireland seems to be a breakthrough National Project which is supposed to create tens of thousands of jobs, achieve energy independence in five years, save €30 billion importing fossil fuels, create potential to add €50bn to our Economy and slash carbon dioxide emissions.
    e
    Good news and a vital first step in getting out of this mess.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hopefully we can get it going. But the likelyhood is we'll make a balls of it, just like everything else this pathetic nation does.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Are our short-sighted government capable of properly researching this, and implementing it if the claims are true?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd seriously recommend listening to the discussion on Kenny's Show - very interesting indeed

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm very suspicious of this proposal.
    There is only one person named on the 'our team' section of the web site the Russian academic whose speciality is in other fields. There is no address, no phone, no office, no organisation. Maybe it is all under construction... maybe.
    Also, the idea itself doesn't hold water (s******************************). Sea-water lakes in the mountains would destroy, the water table, and all the land below them down to the sea.
    But I hope to be convinced otherwise.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

PS Sorry for using the word s******************************. I didn't realise it was a swear word. How about 'giggle' instead.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

this is where the money doled out to the multinationals should have gone. projects that might actually benefit the country long term.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iartaoiseach View Post
    this is where the money doled out to the multinationals should have gone. projects that might actually benefit the country long term.
    Or some of the 1 BILLION euro budget that FAS had. That is a lot of money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaothfar View Post
    I'm very suspicious of this proposal.
    There is only one person named on the 'our team' section of the web site the Russian academic whose speciality is in other fields. There is no address, no phone, no office, no organisation. Maybe it is all under construction... maybe.
    Also, the idea itself doesn't hold water (s******************************). Sea-water lakes in the mountains would destroy, the water table, and all the land below them down to the sea.
    But I hope to be convinced otherwise.
    Shevets seems to be an atomic (nothing to do with nuclear power) physicist - hard to see what he could offer to a massive civil and electrical engineering project like this.

I couldnt find any Graham O'Donnell in Electrical Engineering with a quick Google.

I hope this is real - the full page colour ad in the IT (Indo too?) cant have been cheap.

Like the web page it is very fluffy and lacking in content.

Fingers crossed...
    My Avatar is the FF logo INVERTED symbolising contempt for the FF Party and its members.

Page 1 of 274 123451151101 ... LastLast