Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Philip Cairns - possible new leads?

Default Philip Cairns - possible new leads?

RTÉ News: Land searched in Cairns disappearance

Rumours in the area this evening about this poor young boy who vanished many years ago. I know there has been discussion over the years about this very sad case, but for his loving family who must have suffered terribly over the years, one might hope that they could be given answers at last. I was a young mother living in the area at the time of this poor lad's disappearance and I will never, ever forget it. Somebody all these years has known something about this, how they live with it I will never understand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvesterthecat View Post

Rumours in the area this evening about this poor young boy who vanished many years ago. I know there has been discussion over the years about this very sad case, but for his loving family who must have suffered terribly over the years, one might hope that they could be given answers at last. I was a young mother living in the area at the time of this poor lad's disappearance and I will never, ever forget it. Somebody all these years has known something about this, how they live with it I will never understand.
    I actually spoke to the gardai last year about this case - i am philips age and 2 months before he went missing this guy tried to assault me (thankfully i got away) after following me home from the dundrum bowl - at the time i was too young and didn't see the connection but i lived in sandyford and Philip lived in rathfarnham which are only a couple of miles away (as a crow would fly) so i figured there may have been a link.

Anyway the garda said he was a part of some new (c)old case unit and they had a lot of leads and witnesses (more specific) to Philips case came forward each year.

I hope the gardai can give the family peace - i dare say the inability to get closure would be worse than the grieving for a child
    I would hope someone way brought to justice but even if they could recover a body or discover exactly what happened to their son they could rest.
    The early bird may get the worm - but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've never forgotten this poor boys name either. In some ways we are fortunate in this country that we have so few child murders that the names stay with you a lifetime. I too hope that Phillips family get closure one day. I can imagine no greater suffering than what his parents have had to live through.
    Conservatives seem to believe that the rich will work harder if we give them more, and the poor will work harder if we give them less. E.J. Dionne

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I remember on school there was a campaign about not speaking to strangers due to this specific case.

two areas of interest in the herlad.ie

- a grave like shape has fell in on its self
    - gardi were aware in the 80s that this golf course was where he may have been.

with a bit of luck the body is here and whom ever mentioned to have did this as the report sais; is caught.

on a sidenote to that, one of the previous posters mentioned being almost abducted...i wonder if the person is foind would you remember the face by any chance? what a lucky escape it would have been for you.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

closure
    Would people please stop using that horrible phrase.
    It's almost as revolting as the common usage of "partner" and "collatoral damage."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by swansandtyphus View Post
    It's almost as revolting as the common usage of "partner" and "collatoral damage."
    You really got the spirit of the thread there! You really have a lot of time on your hands if that bothers you.

FYI going forward
    Closure is a word not a phrase.
    See here
    Phrase - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    and
    here
    Word - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

for rudimentary definitions.

Closure is correctly applied in this case as a need to end ambiguity so that the process of (in this case) grief can progress.
    The early bird may get the worm - but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by swansandtyphus View Post
    must agree.....'basically' is another one

Sounds like somebody needs the reward money.

Sad. I hope a) they find that lad so that he can be buried properly and his family can grieve and b) they catch the phuckers responsible.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvesterthecat View Post

He was probably abducted by the Free Masons and sacrificed in one of their satanic rituals.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The following article was published on 23 October 2015.

School bag of Philip Cairns could solve mystery of his disappearance 29 years ago - Independent.ie
    It was a case that shocked and baffled the country, and there were no clues in the case until the teenager's schoolbag was found dumped in a laneway six days later, yards from his home on Ballyroan Road.

It is now sealed in plastic and locked in a safe in Rathfarnham Garda Station.

Detective Sergeant Tom Doyle believes advances in science and forensic technology could make the bag a vital clue once again.

"At the time it was found in 1986 DNA profiling was a limited concept. There was a danger that testing the bag might produce a mixed profile because the bag could have been handled by many people," Det Sgt Doyle told the Herald.

"The key is being able to separate-out the profiles of any DNA found on the bag, and technology is increasingly moving in that direction, so I am convinced this school bag holds the answers as to what happened to Philip," he added.

The following article is from 2002.

Philip Cairns 'was killed to protect his sex abuser' - Independent.ie

This newspaper has spoken to witnesses and seen evidence that an admission of involvement was made by an individual in 1996, 10 years after the boy's disappearance.

The individual confessed to playing a part in Philip's death and described in detail what had happened.

Philip was a person of habit and his routine never changed. Every day he came home for lunch, and his unvarying schedule made it easy to put the plan into operation. A person well-known to the boy, who also had an association with the school, offered Philip a lift back to school.

In the car, the boy was overpowered and murdered. He was driven some miles away where his body was transferred into a van and driven to the grounds of a religious order in Rathfarnham. The dead boy was placed in a pond in convent grounds.

It has been confirmed that the grounds were never searched at the time. There was some suspicion that Philip's body had been placed in a pond, however, and two ponds in Phoenix Park were searched, to no avail.

The ponds in the convent grounds were not searched, and now it seems unlikely the area will ever yield its secret. The ponds were later filled in to allow development. On one pond, a retirement home has been built; the second is now the site for a tennis court.
    Nothing is more important than finding Philip's remains. So why isn't is as simple as tearing the retirement home and the tennis court apart to find his remains?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast