Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 468 of 481 FirstFirst ... 368418458464465466467468469470471472478 ... LastLast
Results 4,671 to 4,680 of 4801

Thread: Travellers disgrace their community again

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gregory (Scotland Yard detective): "Is there any other point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
    Holmes: "To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
    Gregory: "The dog did nothing in the night-time."
    Holmes: "That was the curious incident."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you break the law you should go to jail, but that goes for everybody, the law is supposed to be blind and fair and balanced no exceptions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin Soaked View Post
    We have been blighted by traveller burglaries in our area, and see them casing houses in the area. It is a family business. Mothers driving sons round to have a good look. Mostly cars being done, but a fair few burglaries and travellers in vans are loitering more often than not. At least this is in suburbia and there are good neighbours within a few yards.

The terror that this inflicts on isolated rural homes and the persistent stress cannot be ignored.

Good to see the info being honest about this for once.

Heart breaking case.
    Pat Flanagan: 'Ireland is the most corrupt country in the Western world' - Pat Flanagan - Irish Mirror Online

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Some 50,000 customers are left with worthless insurance

Some 50,000 customers are left with worthless insurance - Independent.ie I thought you might be interested in this since you always bringing up the insurance fraud, I wonder whose fault this is?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gin Soaked View Post
    We have been blighted by traveller burglaries in our area, and see them casing houses in the area. It is a family business. Mothers driving sons round to have a good look. Mostly cars being done, but a fair few burglaries and travellers in vans are loitering more often than not. At least this is in suburbia and there are good neighbours within a few yards.

The terror that this inflicts on isolated rural homes and the persistent stress cannot be ignored.

Good to see the info being honest about this for once.

Heart breaking case.
    Elderly People are being terrorised by Rural Crime .

Politics.ie Member Victor Meldrew's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Killpatrick View Post

Some 50,000 customers are left with worthless insurance - Independent.ie I thought you might be interested in this since you always bringing up the insurance fraud, I wonder whose fault this is?

if you are impacted by the collapse of an insurance company, there are some protections, and you went with a dodgy insurer in the first instance.

but the impact of a bogus claim goes on for years for a consumer. you won't be able to move insurers while the claim is open and your premium will double.

Now, if that means you have to find another €1,000 for your premium, that could see you off the road and you may be unable to get to work and there are other knock on effects. That hits you, it is not mitigated across the wider insurance holders.

And all of that is known to the sociopaths who decide that this is how they will make money. Everyone's premiums go up and one poor soul and their family are very heavily impacted.

That sociopathic behaviour is why we despise this crime and fraud. It is by no means confined to travellers, but they are over represented in the courts in attempting this.
    You have disgraced yourselves again...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew View Post
    if you are impacted by the collapse of an insurance company, there are some protections, and you went with a dodgy insurer in the first instance.

but the impact of a bogus claim goes on for years for a consumer. you won't be able to move insurers while the claim is open and your premium will double.

Now, if that means you have to find another 1,000 for your premium, that could see you off the road and you may be unable to get to work and there are other knock on effects. That hits you, it is not mitigated across the wider insurance holders.

And all of that is known to the sociopaths who decide that this is how they will make money. Everyone's premiums go up and one poor soul and their family are very heavily impacted.

That sociopathic behaviour is why we despise this crime and fraud. It is by no means confined to travellers, but they are over represented in the courts in attempting this.
    Represented by who? This has been going on for decades and governments do nothing. Legal eagles are protected by governments. Remember how they were protected after the crash. Who are the bigger culprits in the Travellers insurance scams?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Walsh View Post
    .....but you can't just shoot someone in the foot as a defence for having your tie pulled.....
    Of course he can. The Garda was being assaulted. Should he have waited until he was in mortal danger before protecting/defending himself?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Killpatrick View Post

Are knackers running insurance companies now? Nope, it's just more ignorant whataboutery from you. These bogus car accidents are bread and butter to scummy knackers who use it as a way of topping up their Dole payments. Between terrorising the elderly, burgling rural Ireland and the dodgy tarmac scams they must be coining it in. You just can't bear to condemn your brethren for their scummy behaviour. They contribute nothing, they are parasites and if every bloody one of them left the country we'd be better off without them and I doubt anyone would notice they'd left.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yet another bogus knacker rear ending case thrown out of court. Thanks to Casey the judges in this country seem to have realised the mood of the people of Ireland. Now if only the judges would make them pay the costs and impose prison sentences for this nonsense.

'It was pure theatrics': Cork court hears of bizarre behaviour in compensation case | Irish Examiner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lagertha View Post
    Yet another bogus knacker rear ending case thrown out of court. Thanks to Casey the judges in this country seem to have realised the mood of the people of Ireland. Now if only the judges would make them pay the costs and impose prison sentences for this nonsense.

'It was pure theatrics': Cork court hears of bizarre behaviour in compensation case | Irish Examiner
    Hilarious but expensive. Great to see this all being reported in the press. And the chances getting the costs. Might make the "No win, no fee" crowd rethink their business model.....