Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Will They Always Be The RUC To You?

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Will They Always Be The RUC To You?

After listening to the song 'They'll Always Be The RUC To Me' by political singer-songwriter Ciaran Murphy, i wondered how others felt about this supposedly reformed police force.

Will they always be the RUC to you?

Or do you think that they have changed? Is so what real changes have occurred?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMO6GpVG_Xw]YouTube - Ciaran Murphy - They'll always be the RUC to me.[/ame]

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Theyve been caught handing files and names to loyalists, theyve handed loyalists millions in Portadown, they guard the UDA every summer while they put their flags up in the town centre - but worst of all they are absoloutly useless at their job and are considered so by both sides of the community.

I dont consider them the RUC, i consider them a pack of useless civil servants who do nothing, help no-one and get paid lots.

Ive never heard of them cathching anyone doing anything, the common opinion is that if youre attacked or robbed then you just have to deal with it because we dont actually have a police force here to tackle things, just them eejits who arnt interested in actual police work - only standing around band parades and speeding about in government cars.
    Last edited by st333ve; 5th May 2009 at 06:09 PM.
    Abstinence makes the Church grow fondlers.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Crap song, bellowed out rather than sung. They are no longer the RUC to me... it's now the PSNI, but I don't support them because they are implementing foreign law on Irish soil.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They will always be "SS-RUC" to me (because I am a Southerner it comes as witty the first time you hear it, then less so on every other occasion but from a Northern nationalist, it would just sound bitter and stuck in the past).
    If the banks are out for a bail,
    and Lenny's efforts end up as a fail,
    when the Somer does come,
    to the Country they'll run,
    And leave a Fine mess for the Gael.

Endinf the one Party (FF) state:
    http://www.politics.ie/fianna-fail/5...ate-ended.html

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by st333ve View Post
    Ive never heard of them cathching anyone doing anything, the common opinion is that if youre attacked or robbed then you just have to deal with it because we dont actually have a police force here to tackle things, just them eejits who arnt interested in actual police work.
    While I am politically opposed to the PSNI's existence in Ireland, I have to say I admire their professionalism in catching people involved in serious crime. They are good at it.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well from personal experiance they certainly are not.

When a bunch of drugged up hoods attacked me and my girlfriend who came along to catch them?

Ah the local 'p1ss in your eye', who decided to let them go and sent me a letter in the post saying there wasnt enough evidence even though witnesses gave statements and i pointed him out at the scene.
    They never asked for more witnesses in the locsal paper, never checked CCTV etc.

I know of many other things, people who got their houses broken into and although the thieves used the stolen mobile phone to order taxis to and from their home the police still wouldnt do anything.

I know a protestant woman in work who's son was beaten up in a sectarian attack in an area full of cameras yet they done nothing.

I know a hoodlem scumbag who has joined the PSNI and has a picture of himself on Bebo showing off his guns with quotes from 50 cent.
    If thats the kind of eejits they recruit then they wont be improving anytime soon.

I could go on all night, no-one has any faith in them.
    Dont get me wrong i wish they were good at their job, it would be nice to feel safe at night but sadly theyre useless.

Reports on them have found they lack the basic necessary skills.
    http://archives.tcm.ie/breakingnews/...tory323825.asp

I see no point in even using them, they dont want to know.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The name is an irrelevance as the nature remains the same.

They are an armed, paramilitary, colonial constabulary; loyal to the British crown.

They are, as such, the enemies of the Irish people and an obstacle to peace and justice in Ireland.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You need a police force and currently the north is in the UK.
    What do you think should be used?

It would be better if people highlighted the problems with them instead of desiring the north to be the only country in Europe that isnt policed.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by st333ve View Post
    It would be better if people highlighted the problems with them instead of desiring the north to be the only country in Europe that isnt policed.
    The "North" is not and never has been a country.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Question R24U View Post
    They will always be "SS-RUC" to me (because I am a Southerner it comes as witty the first time you hear it, then less so on every other occasion but from a Northern nationalist, it would just sound bitter and stuck in the past).
    What is wrong with sounding bitter? I merely ask.

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast