Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Enda Kenny on Ireland AM

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Enda Kenny on Ireland AM

Enda Kenny was interviewed on Ireland AM in relation to FG's new healthcare policy Fair Care (FairCare).

I didn't see it myself but I have heard of reports from a couple of non-FGers, one in particular who was never a fan of Enda's, and both have said they thought he was excellent, saying they never thought they would ever have said that about him.

And plenty of FGers who saw it said the same.

Might this (not specifically this interview but this point in time) be the turning point for Enda's leadership in the eye of the public?
    Ireland interests are best secured within a more dynamic EU. Vote YES to Lisbon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is he back from Warsaw then?
    Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are, and those few dare not oppose themselves to the opinion of the many, who have the majesty of the state to defend them.

- Niccolò Machiavelli

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He seems to have changed a bit alright. Ever since the Ard Fheis, he's become less robot like on TV and more, well human.
    He's alway's performed better on radio though Imo.

There does seem to be a definite shift in public attitude towards kenny. Even my mother who is more FF than FF has said she's going to vote FG.

A human Enda Kenny. FF's worst nightmare.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobert View Post
    Is he back from Warsaw then?
    Is that near Swinford?
    Ireland interests are best secured within a more dynamic EU. Vote YES to Lisbon.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by geraghd View Post
    Is that near Swinford?
    He was in Israel and Palestine recently too, he is certainly travelling a lot..

Well I for one have an awful lot of confidence in the man. To be honest I always thought he was the best leader we had in Ireland but there were times that I found him very unconvincing, especially on TV. He does seem to have improved hugely though in recent times. Fair play to the man.
    Economic Left/Right: 0.38
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.67

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Aye, ten minutes down he road from Maureen's.
    Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are, and those few dare not oppose themselves to the opinion of the many, who have the majesty of the state to defend them.

- Niccolò Machiavelli

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There does seem to be a definite shift in public attitude towards kenny. Even my mother who is more FF than FF has said she's going to vote FG.

A human Enda Kenny. FF's worst nightmare.[/QUOTE]

Lol I don't think so- polls and radio interviews are one thing, but its the votes on election day count- thats where we'll see Enda Kenny's Fine Gael falter. Still though, shouldn't deprive anyone of a *dream* I suppose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No offense to the FG brigade but E.K. really is more L'Oreal and Head and shoulders advert material- than a man to lead us through these rough and tough times. That health care plan can easily be copied, and indeed improved upon by the current governent- don't think for a second that they'll let that one slip, the government are a clever bunch- just wait for something along the lines of "fairercare"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DS-09 View Post

A human Enda Kenny. FF's worst nightmare.

Lol I don't think so- polls and radio interviews are one thing, but its the votes on election day count- thats where we'll see Enda Kenny's Fine Gael falter. Still though, shouldn't deprive anyone of a *dream* I suppose.
    Indeed, votes will be Enda's worst enemy considering how badly he has done in the previous elections, like say all those thousands of extra votes and tens of increases in seats since he has become leader. Terrifying for him.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

TV3 - Video

Should link to the video of his Ireland AM interview.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast