Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Convicted of Purgery and Murder? No problem here's a promotion to 'Lance corpral'

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Convicted of Purjury and Murder? No problem here's a promotion to 'Lance corpral'

The father of a young father of 2 who was murdered by two British soldiers Mark Wright and James Fisher, died on Monday after years of failed campaigning for the two murderers to be removed from the British army.

http://www.irishnews.com/appnews/540...6Fatherof.html

The 18 year old was murdered after he was searched by the two British soldiers, they found nothing.
    They shot at him as he ran away after the ordeal and as he was lying dying on the ground they shot him again killing the young father of two.
    The soldiers were convicted of Purgery after they claimed they thought he had a bomb, it was revealed during the case that the two soldiers had actually searched him, found nothing let him go and then shot him in the back.

The two soldiers were convicted of murder three years later and given life sentences. In his judgment, Lord Justice Kelly delivered a stinging rebuke to the pair, accusing Fisher of having "deliberately lied" and speaking witheringly of the frailty of Wright's evidence. He said he considered both men "untruthful and evasive". Kelly's judgment was later upheld when the men's appeal against conviction was dismissed and they were also refused the right to take their case to the House of Lords.

The two men served only 3 years of their 'life' sentance after the Daily Mail started a campaign to have them freed, the men were then immediatly accepted back into the British Army dispite being convicted of cold blooded murder and purgery.

Mr.McBrides Mother and her daughter argue that allowing the soldiers to remain in the army amounts to the state sanctioning of her son's murder. They have been further incensed by the revelation that Fisher has recently been promoted to lance corporal.

In 2003 The mayors of Belfast and Derry took up the McBrides' boycott call, an action that led to unionists condemning the SDLP mayor of Belfast, Martin Morgan, for banning Spellar from his parlour. The McBride family also points to the double standards the MoD appears to have employed in dismissing Major Charles Ingram, the man found guilty of cheating on the TV quiz show Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? "To treat Peter McBride's killers more leniently than a quiz cheat is a sick joke," said an east Belfast Alliance councillor, Naomi Long, adding: "It would appear that the army is more worried about bad publicity in England than justice in Northern Ireland."
    Last edited by st333ve; 28th April 2009 at 03:34 PM.
    Abstinence makes the Church grow fondlers.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Perjury is the offence of lying in court. "Purgery" would be something else - perhaps forcing people to undergo colonic irrigation...
    Never let the best be the enemy of the good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ibis View Post
    Perjury is the offence of lying in court. "Purgery" would be something else - perhaps forcing people to undergo colonic irrigation...
    Purgery
    Pur"ger*y\, n. The part of a sugarhouse where the molasses is drained off from the sugar
    There are Men, there are Women and there are Politicians. God save old Ireland

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eirenua View Post
    Purgery
    Pur"ger*y\, n. The part of a sugarhouse where the molasses is drained off from the sugar
    Very good! How would you be convicted of it, though? Would you be "draining your molasses" in public, perhaps?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So the a spelling mistake is the only thing worth commenting about when someone dies after trying to recieve justice for his dead son?
    Typical.

I corrected the spelling mistake happy? (Although this stupid forum hasnt applied the changes)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by st333ve View Post
    So the a spelling mistake is the only thing worth commenting about when someone dies after trying to recieve justice for his dead son?

I corrected the spelling mistake happy?
    I'm congenitally incapable of taking anything NI seriously. My mother's family left in the Fifties, and we've been excused ever since.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow you're so great, can i be your friend?

I moved house once also, and i spend my time telling people how little i care about where i used to live.

It might sound ignorant and pointless, but it gives me an overflated sence of importance which i enjoy.

Its so nice to meet people with the morals of a brick wall.
    Last edited by st333ve; 28th April 2009 at 03:43 PM.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by st333ve View Post
    Wow you're so great, can i be your friend?

I moved house once also, and i spend my time telling people how little i care about where i used to live.

It might sound ignorant and pointless, but it gives me an overflated sence of importance which i enjoy.
    And an exaggerated sense of drama too:

"Dies after trying to receive justice"...makes it sound like he was killed in the course of his quest. "Dies of old age while seeking justice" would be more accurate, while still satisfying the dramatic urge.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In other "news":
    - a torturer who tortured people in the US, will not be prosecuted because he did it under legal advice.
    - a gunrunner serves his time and later becomes a TD in Kerry.
    - a Minister who denied facilitating gunrunning when his co-accused say they did but with government consent, is acquited and later gets promoted to Taoiseach.
    - a "volunteer" who was trained to kill (and may have done so), served some time and later becomes Deputy First Miister of NI.
    - the soldiers who an army trained to kill; kill successfully and later get promoted.

Now whatabout....
    If the banks are out for a bail,
    and Lenny's efforts end up as a fail,
    when the Somer does come,
    to the Country they'll run,
    And leave a Fine mess for the Gael.

Endinf the one Party (FF) state:
    http://www.politics.ie/fianna-fail/5...ate-ended.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast