Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ESB Bills

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ESB Bills

Just got my ESB bill today. 200 ! I thought the last one was big! My ESB bill has gone up dramatically over the past year. there are only two of us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I had a bill for 270 euros before christmas, the previous one was for 60 euros, two of us in a 2 bed apt, we had storage heaters only used them like, 5 times (used an open fire the rest of the time)

Moved out of that apartment after christmas....
    Actual morality is doing what is right regardless of what you're told. Religious morality is doing what you're told, regardless of if it's right.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Actually my bill for ESB this quarter seems lower than usual. €348 as opposed to an average of €600 per quarter last year. Does anyone know if there have been price changes this year?
    Conservatives seem to believe that the rich will work harder if we give them more, and the poor will work harder if we give them less. E.J. Dionne

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's getting to the stage now where micro-generation (i.e. electronicly controlled diesel generator) is cheaper than a centralised electricity network.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have you checked to see if your last couple of bills were estimates, and the more expensive ones are meter readings ? Catches a lot of people out.

Keep a track of the units on your meter, or tie a pit bull to the meter so they cant read it

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There was a 2.7% increase in Jan, from .1597 per unit to .1640 per unit.

Then they gave us credit for PSO, (big swinging mickey) which apparently should have the effect of .6% reduction.

It's clear they are lying to us again.

ESB worker's got a 3.5% pay increase also.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Factorem View Post
    It's getting to the stage now where micro-generation (i.e. electronicly controlled diesel generator) is cheaper than a centralised electricity network.
    Now it is, apparently, and I have looked into all this, Diesel will the first fuel to spike should/if econmomic climate changes.

We have the most expensive electricity in Europe and unless we encourage more competition we will continue to be charged too much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I switched to Airtricity for the 13% discount, but I have a feeling its only a discount on the units used and not the 'standing charge' which when vat is added on makes up half the bill, so the 13% discount will end up being a 6% discount.
    Actual morality is doing what is right regardless of what you're told. Religious morality is doing what you're told, regardless of if it's right.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hard to know why anyone is still with the ESB. The Regulator insists that they price at 14% higher than the competition.

Airtricity direct debit is the cheapest environmentally soundest electricity I could find - it took half an hour to change over.

Electricity prices in Ireland are deliberately pushed up by the Regulator under the delusion that that will lead to competition and better services. It didn't work with Telecoms/broadband and it isn't working with digital televison. Ireland is too small a market for viable competition between private firms. We need to renationalise the lot and run it in the public interest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cactusflower View Post
    Hard to know why anyone is still with the ESB. The Regulator insists that they price at 14% higher than the competition.

Airtricity direct debit is the cheapest environmentally soundest electricity I could find - it took half an hour to change over.

Electricity prices in Ireland are deliberately pushed up by the Regulator under the delusion that that will lead to competition and better services. It didn't work with Telecoms/broadband and it isn't working with digital televison. Ireland is too small a market for viable competition between private firms. We need to renationalise the lot and run it in the public interest.
    ESB is state owned.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast