Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: abff abff abff abff abff abff abff abff

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default abff abff abff abff abff abff abff abff

ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF

ANY ONE BUT FIANNA FÁIL

In the past I would have given a preference to FF if their local candidate was a good one.

Now it is time to break from this tendency.

Fianna Fáil have been in power for 20 of the last 22 years (1987 to 2009) and the country is quickly going down the toilet.

This is not healthy by any standards. Staleness, arrogance, cronyism, obfuscation are bound to set in after 20 years; and they have.

I don't particularly like some of the other candidates on offer, but there are some good ones there too, and they need a chance.

NAMA should not go through without an election, and the Green Party should pull out of government before it does. It is too big a decision to be left to conversations in corners.

Anyway, spread the word: ANYONE BUT FIANNA FAIL

ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF ABFF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm happy to be abff. But who can we trust to be abff when the next Dail meets? I think Labour and Sinn Fein should rule out voting for any Fianna Fail nominee for Taoiseach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Where do I get the bumper sticker?
    Clicking an ad a day keeps Politics.ie in business.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If people keep up this ABFF nonsense, the only thing it will do in reality, is galvanise FF supporters...

By and large, FF supporters are decent people, who placed a lot of loyalty and trust in a party that their relations supported down through the generations. They are just as sickened by the way things have turned out in recent years with the party (at leadership level) effectively whoring itself to big business and property developers and speculators.

Gimpanzee

I'd like to see an ABBFF billboard campaign around the country, demanding that the electorate take responsibility for providing us with this government.

"If you voted FF or didn't vote in the last election, you helped create this mess. If you're not related to a FF politician or benefiting from political favours from one, do the right thing by your country the next time and vote for someone else."

Politics.ie Royalty toxic avenger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The political system is itself sick, a choice between groups arguing over which side of the egg to open. We need to end the pretence, that a centre-right party opposing a centre-right party with barely a fag-paper of difference between them is a sensible way to run a country. Dump FF out altogether, by all means, but a system where FF is opposing a FG govt is hardly the revolution we need.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wysiwyg View Post
    By and large, FF supporters are decent people, who placed a lot of loyalty and trust in a party that their relations supported down through the generations. They are just as sickened by the way things have turned out in recent years with the party (at leadership level) effectively whoring itself to big business and property developers and speculators.
    Wake up! - corruption and incompetence are not recent arrivals to FF culture.
    Clicking an ad a day keeps Politics.ie in business.

Gimpanzee

Quote Originally Posted by wysiwyg View Post
    If people keep up this ABFF nonsense, the only thing it will do in reality, is galvanise FF supporters...

wysi - the whole concept of 'FF people' is the root of the problem. So long as a large section of our electorate thinks it belongs to a tribe, we are going to repeat this situation over and over again.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

wysiwyg is right about the response to this abff stuff. Some of the more wavery FF supporters I know who were likely to vote Labour or Greens instead of FF in the next elections are hardening their support for FF.
    The enemy of my enemy is the enemy of my enemy. EU Army coming to be, the feckin' conspiracy nuts on Lisbon were right on this one.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpanzee View Post
    wysi - the whole concept of 'FF people' is the root of the problem. So long as a large section of our electorate thinks it belongs to a tribe, we are going to repeat this situation over and over again.
    This is not about decency, loyalty, (there are lots of decent people whose politics I abhor) or indeed revolution.

It is about the fairly anodyne principle that being in power for over 90% of the past 22 years tends to staleness, croynism, arrogance, and, dare I say it... corruption. It ain't healthy.

I agree with ToxicAvenger that FG ain't no barrel of beauties (Richard Bruton at least knows what he is talking about) but ABFF doesn't automatically mean vote for FG. Nor does it mean the system is a good one.

It is just that like we helped remove Ahern, we need to remove FF. Maybe then we will be able to perceive our problems and opportunities more clearly, and be in a position to act more decisively.

ABFF

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast