Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The curious incident of the COW in the Night time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The curious incident of the COW in the Night time

The curious incident of the COW in the Night time

(...apologies Mark Haddon)

The brutal mutilation of a cow in an isolated field at Clonalisk, Knockearl, Cloughjordan is being investigated by gardai who have appealed for help in solving the heinous crime.

‘The remains of the unfortunate four-year-old animal was discovered in a field by its owner early on Tuesday. Its head was cut off and its innards removed at the scene, but no trace was left of the remainder of the body.’
    It is believed the people behind the incident targeted the animal for its meat….

“…Whoever did this knew what they were at,” said Sergeant Pat Curran of Nenagh Garda Station.

It is believed the culprits struck during the hours of darkness. ‘The farmer became suspicious when he went out and saw his other cows in a frightened state.’
    He later made the gruesome discovery of the head and entrails. All meat removed.

Gardai investigate brutal mutilation of cow
    http://digital.olivesoftware.com/Oli...enaghGuardian/

My vivid imagination cant help but visualize a white forensics tent over the cow’s remains. As to the other cows being in a frightened state my hope for their future would be that they are a dairy heard…

Does the slaughterhouse offer a better faster way? Either way... Yuck.

Irish Times Thursday, April 16, 2009
    Cow butchered in Tipperary field - The Irish Times - Thu, Apr 16, 2009

Gardaí said the head had been removed but there was no trace of the carcass, leading them to believe the animal may have been killed for its meat.

A spokesman for the Irish Farmers Association last night issued a warning to farmers to be on the alert to prevent any recurrence of such an incident.

‘There are no known reports in recent times of an animal being killed and butchered on the spot.”

So an animal killed for it’s meat, how primitive is that? Has it come to this?
    Was this hunger or lack of credit?

‘Farmers look to your herds.’

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sheep rustling for teenage barbecues has gone on for years. Now that some people are hungry and without any income, we'll see more of this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I mean to carry out a crime like this, ugh....the planning involved. Sorry to be crude, but the mess. Was it a butcher in need of stock? Surely a butcher would have had the wherewithal to have taken the whole cow.

The more worrying scenario is that it was taken by a family for food.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The police would do well to assume that this is the work of foreigners.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

'cus irish people are vegans????
    I liberate minds with my music. That's more important than liberating a few people from apartheid or whatever. - Kanye West

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That is unbelievable, a real sign of the times.
    Fianna Fáil
    The Land agents party.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cakeordeath View Post
    The curious incident of the COW in the Night time

(...apologies Mark Haddon)

The brutal mutilation of a cow in an isolated field at Clonalisk, Knockearl, Cloughjordan is being investigated by gardai who have appealed for help in solving the heinous crime.

It is believed the people behind the incident targeted the animal for its meat….

“…Whoever did this knew what they were at,” said Sergeant Pat Curran of Nenagh Garda Station.

It is believed the culprits struck during the hours of darkness. ‘The farmer became suspicious when he went out and saw his other cows in a frightened state.’
    He later made the gruesome discovery of the head and entrails. All meat removed.

Gardai investigate brutal mutilation of cow
    http://digital.olivesoftware.com/Oli...enaghGuardian/

My vivid imagination cant help but visualize a white forensics tent over the cow’s remains. As to the other cows being in a frightened state my hope for their future would be that they are a dairy heard…

Does the slaughterhouse offer a better faster way? Either way... Yuck.

Irish Times Thursday, April 16, 2009
    Cow butchered in Tipperary field - The Irish Times - Thu, Apr 16, 2009

Gardaí said the head had been removed but there was no trace of the carcass, leading them to believe the animal may have been killed for its meat.

A spokesman for the Irish Farmers Association last night issued a warning to farmers to be on the alert to prevent any recurrence of such an incident.

‘There are no known reports in recent times of an animal being killed and butchered on the spot.”

So an animal killed for it’s meat, how primitive is that? Has it come to this?
    Was this hunger or lack of credit?

‘Farmers look to your herds.’

Perhaps it is Gerry Ryan's response to the cut in his RTE salary. He does have a history of this kind of thing.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I posted on p.ie only a few weeks ago about the swans that were snared by eastern europeans, mainly romanians. The breasts were removed.

The river tolka has been fished clean also.

Politics.ie Member An Gilladaker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i hope the minster of health sets up a dail committee to investigate this it could have been a mad cow the minister needs to act now

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is Mary Coughlin not better qualified?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast