Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: Stroking - New PAC scandal

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Stroking - New PAC scandal

Guidelines broken in prison tendering process

IPS head Brian Purcell acknowledged last month during a PAC hearing that neither the IPS nor the Department of Justice had sought to tender for almost €100 million in building contracts, which were awarded to Glenbeigh Construction since 2003.
    Sunday Business Post | Irish Business News

blood pressure rising?

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just found this also

Glenbeigh Records Management, Information Management, File Storage, Records Storage, Storage Solutions Ireland, Records Management Dublin, Offsite Data Protection.

I wonder if and if so how many State contracts this company may have?

GRM are part of the Glenbeigh Group, which was established in 1985 by Philip Earle and Frank Doolan. With a turnover in excess of €60 million, and over 150 employees, our clients include numerous Government bodies within the public sector, along with large and small organisations from private sectors including business and finance; consumer and retail; manufacturing and construction; energy and transport; and telecommunications and computing.
    This is starting to stink....
    Last edited by cavok; 26th April 2009 at 11:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wonder who would the owners be related to anyone in the soliders of destiny or be 'prominent supporters' of that party

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any one know who directors are?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Relative new kids on the block in records management...a lot of long established companies in this field in Ireland...T'is muted that they have "connections"....???( no proof however!!!)
    When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

some directors are listed in the quote box on post No. 02

This thing is going to explode.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    Just found this also

Glenbeigh Records Management, Information Management, File Storage, Records Storage, Storage Solutions Ireland, Records Management Dublin, Offsite Data Protection.

I wonder if and if so how many State contracts this company may have?

This is starting to stink....
    And guess who'll be a the bottom of this? Our old friend, former head of the Iirsh Prison Service, current SecGen of the Department of Justice, fervent opponent of the Equality Authority and other human rights bodies, and a man who is currently under investigation by the Gardai for criminal breach of privacy, Mr. Sean Aylward.

He stinks.

EDIT: He is actually on record as defending the clear breach of the procurement rules thus:

Department of Justice secretary general Sean Aylward defended the move on the grounds that the prison service was a "burning platform" at the time. He said there had been incredible demands on the service such as serious overcrowding and the struggle with prison officers about overtime.

"Now that the frenzy has passed, much tighter controls are coming into place," he said.
    Isn't it interesting to hear the Secretary General of the Department of Justice, in charge of the police of this country, defending unambiguously breaking the law because of work pressures?!! I'll try that the next time I'm caught drunk driving shall I?
    I have opinions of my own - strong opinions - but I don't always agree with them. - George Bush

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Cork Branch?

Quote Originally Posted by code twinkle View Post
    And guess who'll be a the bottom of this? Our old friend, former head of the Iirsh Prison Service, current SecGen of the Department of Justice, fervent opponent of the Equality Authority and other human rights bodies, and a man who is currently under investigation by the Gardai for criminal breach of privacy, Mr. Sean Aylward.

He stinks.

EDIT: He is actually on record as defending the clear breach of the procurement rules thus:

Isn't it interesting to hear the Secretary General of the Department of Justice, in charge of the police of this country, defending unambiguously breaking the law because of work pressures?!! I'll try that the next time I'm caught drunk driving shall I?
    They've got the 2011-2015 contract for the Cork County Council Records storage at the expense of local operators. I presume they won't be travelling down from Dublin to collect the records?! Friends in high places indeed.....