Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: How long is it now since the Gardai raided Anglo

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default How long is it now since the Gardai raided Anglo

Nothing has come out of it. As was thought at the time, it was a smokescreen to keep the public happy.

Nothing will come out of it, No Bank official will be brought to task over their management. FF showed more concern in getting their hands on a cartoonist then they did getting answers out of Anglo Irish Bank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iarmhi Gael View Post
    Nothing has come out of it. As was thought at the time, it was a smokescreen to keep the public happy.

Nothing will come out of it, No Bank official will be brought to task over their management. FF showed more concern in getting their hands on a cartoonist then they did getting answers out of Anglo Irish Bank.
    It was a smokescreen. Kenny was on the case of the Anglo 10 and possible FF involvement. The best way to stop the questions being asked was to send the cops in, so Cowen could then say (if asked) " I cant comment on a ongoing Garda investigation".

Then Anglo 10, who are they? Why did the media go so silent about this?

Politics.ie Member MsAnneThrope's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I tried revive this topic here - Anglo Irish Investigation

I think apathy (understandable I suppose) is setting in when it comes to issues like Anglo
    We all love animals. Why do we call some 'pets' and others 'dinner'?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Digout View Post
    It was a smokescreen. Kenny was on the case of the Anglo 10 and possible FF involvement. The best way to stop the questions being asked was to send the cops in, so Cowen could then say (if asked) " I cant comment on a ongoing Garda investigation".

Then Anglo 10, who are they? Why did the media go so silent about this?
    Exactly Digout.

FF's number one answer when asked on something along with - I cannot answer that until we have read the report.

FF have f**ked this country up. A disgrace to Irish Politics. I was talking to a member of the Irish Consulate in a European Country and he suggested that the behaviour of FF would not be tolerated in any other devloped western country in the World.

Wake up and smell the roses people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Exactly Digout.

FF's number one answer when asked on something along with - I cannot answer that until we have read the report.

FF have f**ked this country up. A disgrace to Irish Politics. I was talking to a member of the Irish Consulate in a European Country and he suggested that the behaviour of FF would not be tolerated in any other devloped western country in the World.

Wake up and smell the roses people.
    If a number of us left Ireland, and went to another EU country, we could set-up a government in exile and inform both the EU and the UN. They have to recognise us.

Gimpanzee

If they are serious, it wouldn't happen this soon anyway. If the were serious it would be a small wheels grinding slowly job. But barring revenue investigations and murder inquiries (and the northern bank case) that doesn't happen.

My guess is that something will come of it though. Something that will allow ministers to bluff that something came of it. But nothing that anyone else would consider significant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Anglo 10 aren't the issue per se, there's deep criminal issues in Anglo ... getting to the bottom of them will take time

Fraud type trials in Ireland are notoriously problematic , one thing we need NOW is to ensure that these guys get a quality trial, an issue of huge concern to me is the jury

An "average" jury will have trouble comprehending the issues and defence counsel may well aim for a strategy of obfuscation ... also above average people get excused from jury service a lot

We need to ensure a crack jury for these guys ... and blunty put: they need to be pretty high IQ - I know of at least one criminal fraud trial in Dublin where obfuscation got the criminal off

cYp
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Facism is the only answer. It's what the Irish people really want in any case....

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Digout View Post
    If a number of us left Ireland, and went to another EU country, we could set-up a government in exile and inform both the EU and the UN. They have to recognise us.
    Could we not find a decendent of the last high king of Ireland and take over that way. Some O'Neill guy who we could present to the media and have our own coup d'etat

Gimpanzee

Could we not find a decendent of the last high king of Ireland and take over that way. Some O'Neill guy who we could present to the media and have our own coup d'etat
    Martin? Could work. Does well with limited resources, produces consistently good results. Jumps around a lot. Likable chap.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast