Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Repossession of homes on ‘Liveline’ RTE radio at the moment.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Repossession of homes on ‘Liveline’ RTE radio at the moment.

Repossession of homes is the topic on ‘Liveline’ on RTE radio right now. Bank behaviour is getting major criticism.

Professor PJ Drudy is very critical of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

One caller is sauggesting that buyers should boycott repossessed houses.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blacbloc View Post
    One caller is sauggesting that buyers should boycott repossessed houses.
    The type of parasits that but repossessed houses will be delighted with a call for a boycott as they won't have to pay as much for these houses then.

Politics.ie Member evercloserunion's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbysands81 View Post
    The type of parasits that but repossessed houses will be delighted with a call for a boycott as they won't have to pay as much for these houses then.
    Exactly. As if they are likely to be affected by arguments from social responsibility or the suffering of others.
    To live honestly, to hurt no one, to give every one his due.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

this situation should never be a possibility, we need a nationalisation of all our natural resources, we need to nationalise housing also, to ensure we all have eqaul opportunity to housing, we need a fresh start.

i am not a marxist or extereme leftist, but this seems to be the only way to ensure any kind of stability and control in this country, otherwise all industry will be hijacked by big business and government profiteers.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would buy a repossessed home. Why would anyone put someone else's interests above the interests of their own family? Some of the opinions here are bizarre to say the least.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robert151410 View Post
    I would buy a repossessed home. Why would anyone put someone else's interests above the interests of their own family? Some of the opinions here are bizarre to say the least.
    That might end up being as wise as dressing your entire family in Celtic tops and strolling around the Shankill road blindfolded. Your family might not thank you for it. Some of the nastiest things have been done to people accused of land-grabbing.
    When you see the words "Mises" or "Hayek" in someone's post, just ask yourself: do I really want to ban paper money and go back to gold?

You have to pity the kind of people who buy into conspiracy theories. I find the following to be the saddest words on the internet: "Re: connection between Bilderberg puppet lady gaga and viral outbreak in ukraine "

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by feargach View Post
    That might end up being as wise as dressing your entire family in Celtic tops and strolling around the Shankill road blindfolded. Your family might not thank you for it. Some of the nastiest things have been done to people accused of land-grabbing.
    Eh ok then.. tell you what.. why don't I pay more than I have to for the house next door.. in the interests of fairness?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IrishTom View Post
    this situation should never be a possibility, we need a nationalisation of all our natural resources, we need to nationalise housing also, to ensure we all have eqaul opportunity to housing, we need a fresh start.

i am not a marxist or extereme leftist, but this seems to be the only way to ensure any kind of stability and control in this country, otherwise all industry will be hijacked by big business and government profiteers.
    There already was a nationalisation of resources several decades ago. Many people have used the time since then to improve their lot; everyone was pretty much poor at the beginning. You'd like to restart the level because you missed a few jumps? I think not many would like to play multiplayer with you......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast