Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 51

Thread: Gardai? What Gardai??

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    D Wing - but im happy.
    Posts
    39
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Gardai? What Gardai??

    Hi folks, I know there has probably been a thread along these lines before, however, i just travelled back from Killarney to dublin this morning and i was amazed at the total absence of Gardai on our roads!

    Not a SINGLE one to be seen. I also drove to Cork on Saturday morning and back to Killarney that afternoon and STILL..... NO Gardai!! So after almost 500 miles of driving - not one checkpoint or sighting of the traffic corps - in a word - worrying.

    Is nobody else amazed at this, seeing as today is the first day of the introduction of the new penalty points and the death toll on the roads has risen to 98! :twisted:

    Has anyone else been driving this weekend/other weekend and if so, were you happy with the visible presence of our Guards??... like did you see any at all??

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cluain Saileach / DCU
    Posts
    89
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Doesn't bother me.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    7,955
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Re: Gardai? What Gardai??

    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman
    Hi folks, I know there has probably been a thread along these lines before, however, i just travelled back from Killarney to dublin this morning and i was amazed at the total absence of Gardai on our roads!

    Not a SINGLE one to be seen. I also drove to Cork on Saturday morning and back to Killarney that afternoon and STILL..... NO Gardai!! So after almost 500 miles of driving - not one checkpoint or sighting of the traffic corps - in a word - worrying.

    Is nobody else amazed at this, seeing as today is the first day of the introduction of the new penalty points and the death toll on the roads has risen to 98! :twisted:

    Has anyone else been driving this weekend/other weekend and if so, were you happy with the visible presence of our Guards??... like did you see any at all??
    Try driving the Cashel by-pass. Lovely big open road, big huge concrete bollards dividing the middle, that would take a train to break through. Absolutely deadly dangerous death trap.

    Gardai are always on it, hiding on the off ramp going down onto the Cork to Dublin side, from the roundabout to Rosegreen/Fethard/Clonmel.
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    D Wing - but im happy.
    Posts
    39
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coconut
    Doesn't bother me.

    Very Mature remark.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member edifice.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    8,397
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Seen nine branchmen this morning.
    All great truths begin as blasphemies!

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Dublin NSide and Belfast 15
    Posts
    1,250
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edifice.
    Seen nine branchmen this morning.
    Sat in your garden as per usual, eh?
    Please sign the petition to establish a national day of celebration in honour of the vision of the United Irishmen!
    United Irishmen Day Petition
    Skinflicks blog
    Rep abuse illustrated

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member edifice.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    8,397
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JCSkinner
    Quote Originally Posted by edifice.
    Seen nine branchmen this morning.
    Sat in your garden as per usual, eh?
    Me or the branchmen?
    All great truths begin as blasphemies!

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Dublin NSide and Belfast 15
    Posts
    1,250
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    [quote=edifice.]
    Quote Originally Posted by JCSkinner
    Quote Originally Posted by "edifice.":24msjwkw
    Seen nine branchmen this morning.
    Sat in your garden as per usual, eh?
    Me or the branchmen?[/quote:24msjwkw]

    I was thinking them. Or did you bring out a pot of tea and join them?
    Please sign the petition to establish a national day of celebration in honour of the vision of the United Irishmen!
    United Irishmen Day Petition
    Skinflicks blog
    Rep abuse illustrated

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member edifice.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    8,397
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JCSkinner
    I was thinking them. Or did you bring out a pot of tea and join them?
    No, no tea just an escort.
    All great truths begin as blasphemies!

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Dublin NSide and Belfast 15
    Posts
    1,250
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    You brought them out an escort?

    Jebus, that's some detente between you boys and the cops this weather!
    Please sign the petition to establish a national day of celebration in honour of the vision of the United Irishmen!
    United Irishmen Day Petition
    Skinflicks blog
    Rep abuse illustrated

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •