Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 71 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Campaigning for Irish Diaspora Ancestral Return Rights: Jus Sanguin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Campaigning for Irish Diaspora Ancestral Return Rights: Jus Sanguin

Hi, David Mcwilliams as far back as 2 years ago in the Generation Game talked about how as a country we can benefit from an alternative source of population growth than strengthens our national identity, given fears of what Mass-Immigration is doing to the Ireland that we all love and cherish.

If there is any major development on this subject, and it needs to be well planned/foolproof to work how about:

Have strong ancestral ties to the country; Have Predomient Irish Ancestry of (51%+ minimum and nothing lower that counts as only partial descent............... because that will allow the system to be abused. However, if their Irish background comprises the largest of their ancestry say 50% and their other half is split into other partial identities... this would allow them to qualify without problems

Have a clean or very minor criminal record of small misdemenours they have since reformed from committing.

Be fluent in English and show the commitment to learn or already hold fluency in Irish............. we want to protect the Irish Language and ensure its growth

Have a good standard of education or have an impressive skillset.................... these will help develop infrastructure and hard/soft-power

Be knowledgeable of Irish History, culture and customs.................... From personal experience, I have met many (Not all for the sake of courtesy) British-Born People of Irish-Descent who have no concept of irish identity at all............ this is one of the most important criterions to meet

These Country's follow more sensible Jus Sanguin Laws than our own stupid one:

Italy

Greece

Japan

Jus sanguinis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by DaBrow; 22nd August 2009 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Grammar

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

eh no.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaBrow View Post
    Hi, David Mcwilliams as far back as 2 years ago in the Generation Game talked about how as a country we can benefit from an alternative source of population growth than strengthens our national identity, given fears of what Mass-Immigration is doing to the Ireland that we all love and cherish.

If there is any major development on this subject, and it needs to be well planned/foolproof to work how about:

Have strong ancestral ties to the country; Have Predomient Irish Ancestry of (51%+ minimum and nothing lower that counts as only partial descent............... because that will allow the system to be abused.

Have a clean or very minor criminal record of small misdemenours they have since reformed from committing.

Be fluent in English and show the commitment to learn or already hold fluency in Irish............. we want to protect the Irish Language and ensure its growth

Have a good standard of education or have an impressive skillset.................... these will help develop infrastructure and hard/soft-power

Be knowledgeable of Irish History, culture and customs.................... From personal experience, I have met many (Not all for the sake of courtesy) British-Born People of Irish-Descent who have no concept of irish identity at all............ this is one of the most important criterions to meet

These Country's follow more sensible Jus Sanguin Laws than our own stupid one:

Italy

Greece

Japan

Jus sanguinis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I consider myself a right-winger but the above is pure Celtic fascism.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phinaeus View Post
    as opposed to irish fascism ? celtic meaning irish, scotch ,welsh ,manx and breton.

Jus Sanguin Laws are not without merit though i think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phinaeus View Post
    What having predominent Irish Ancestry? In order to be eligible for Irish Citizenship, that to me is fair on ancestral grounds and having ties to the country.

Currently anyone whom is genetically Irish but has ancestors that left after the generation of Grand Parents are turned down and told they aren't welcome.

Two Girls from Argentina in 2002 fitted all the above as I have mentioned, but were turned away because as our current law stands they were born a generation too late

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaBrow View Post
    What having predominent Irish Ancestry? In order to be eligible for Irish Citizenship, that to me is fair on ancestral grounds and having ties to the country.

shut up you gob********************e...

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mmrebel View Post

Jus Sanguin Laws are not without merit though i think.
    really? and what would they be mein fuhrer...?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moderate View Post
    shut up you gob********************e...
    Anyone that has Descent be it Spanish, German, French etc that is just over half that ancestry...... would/should be that nationality.

What is wrong with that?

The Italians and Greeks hold that rule, so why shouldn't we?

Politics.ie Member FutureTaoiseach's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There is nothing "fascist" about it. Israel and Germany have similar "laws of return". I support McWilliams on this issue. If persons of Irish origin were coming in on a large scale it would counterbalance concerns many of us have about Ireland losing its separate identity. There's also a moral dimension to this, in that the ancestors who left our shores during the Famine would have wanted their descendents to be able to return to the far more prosperous Ireland we have now. We are still a wealthy country, even taking account of our recession.If there is resistance to this concept from the Irish political-class, then it needs to be seen in the context of their obsession with what they call "diversity/multiculturalism", which they see as a way of overcoming native resistance to Eurofederalism through demographic social-engineering. They don't want persons of Irish background to necessarily remain the majority in this country, as they might be more reluctant (as seen last June) to go along with grand-designs aimed at creating a European superstate. Persons with an inherited history of Irish nationalism on the other hand, would only make the elite's plans harder to bring to fruition, as they would be more likely to vote no.
    Last edited by FutureTaoiseach; 11th April 2009 at 08:12 PM.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FutureTaoiseach View Post
    There is nothing "fascist" about it. Israel and Germany have similar "laws of return". I support McWilliams on this issue. If persons of Irish origin were coming in on a large scale it would counterbalance concerns many of us have about Ireland losing its separate identity. There's also a moral dimension to this, in that the ancestors who left our shores during the Famine would have wanted their descendents to be able to return to the far more prosperous Ireland we have now. We are still a wealthy country, even taking account of our recession.If there is resistance to this concept from the Irish political-class, then it needs to be seen in the context of their obsession with what they call "diversity/multiculturalism", which they see as a way of overcoming native resistance to Eurofederalism through demographic social-engineering. They don't want persons of Irish background to necessarily remain the majority in this country, as they might be more reluctant (as seen last June) to go along with grand-designs aimed at creating a European superstate. Persons with an inherited history of Irish nationalism on the other hand, would only make the elite's plans harder to bring to fruition, as they would be more likely to vote no.
    How would inviting such individuals help prevent us from losing our separate identity? Or is our 'unique' identity the Mcdonaldised culture most of these individuals have been brought up in?
    Last edited by Riadach; 12th April 2009 at 03:07 PM.

Page 1 of 71 123451151 ... LastLast