Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What do we as FG voters want to happen now

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default What do we as FG voters want to happen now

Just wanted to get the mood of the FG voters.

Here is my thoughts

1. A more unified opposition against FF / Greens / Independents (I think its disjointed)
    2. A change in Government (We need this to bring confidence back to economy)
    3. A protest up and down this country against FF and its failings within office (The public need a voice and not a union one)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The ideal for FG would be a bumper election day on june 5th by holding a general election as well. Only they, and ff, have the capacity to fight on all those fronts. Short of assassination and kidnappings it should do all it can to bring it about -eg get grealish, possible ff dedectors, use the seanad numbers, secret deals with the greens. Pile the pressure on - make life unbearable for ff ministers, tds (some who have just lost a huge pension), members and voters.
    If the banks are out for a bail,
    and Lenny's efforts end up as a fail,
    when the Somer does come,
    to the Country they'll run,
    And leave a Fine mess for the Gael.

Endinf the one Party (FF) state:
    http://www.politics.ie/fianna-fail/5...ate-ended.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iarmhi Gael View Post
    Just wanted to get the mood of the FG voters.

Here is my thoughts

1. A more unified opposition against FF / Greens / Independents (I think its disjointed)
    2. A change in Government (We need this to bring confidence back to economy)
    3. A protest up and down this country against FF and its failings within office (The public need a voice and not a union one)
    I think FG need to show that if they get itno office it won't mean Labour will be in power.

Yes we need a change of government

The voters you want are not the demonstrating kind and FG's history with street politics is not a happy one

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The greens need to seriously ask questions on themselves.

They need to stand up and walk away from these corrupt politicans.

I think FG voters are happy enough to let this play out a little bit longer. Generally in the past FG has been unlucky with the cycle of the economy and their periods in Govt. This time they have avoided inheriting the current problems and can instead enjoy the fruits of FF's current unpopularity.

There is no doubt about it that they will be in the next Govt whenever that comes about. The main thing for them is to continue what they are doing right - Not being too negative, support the Govt on certain issues which make sense and oppose them on others but at the same time keep providing their own policies and solutions.

Politics.ie Member Lloyd-Apjohn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As well as getting FG back into power breaking the back of FF is as important because all the corruption and strokes and bad policies come back to FF and developers and the money taken by FF. Money no doubt on offer to all parties but only FF took it.

So smashing that cycle and culture of corruption is fundamental to Ireland's future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TradCat View Post
    I think FG need to show that if they get itno office it won't mean Labour will be in power.

Yes we need a change of government
    FG need to convince the electorate to give them a mandate to govern on their own.

The country needs a single party FG government.

Gimpanzee

Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    FG need to convince the electorate to give them a mandate to govern on their own.

Exactly what needs to happen, but where could that additional 15% come from? Getting stay at homers out is the only possible prospect.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post

Hear Hear.

Never have we needed a FG Government minus Labour so much before.
    We need to dispell this idea that we can let FF "stew in their own mess" ,and get in there and do what is best for the country.

Personally, I feel we are as a party becoming further and further apart from Labour and I hate the fact that some of our Oireachtas members even make reference to the idea that the next Gov will be FG/Lab. Even Enda is saying it. We nned to go for the jugular and that means trying for the overall majority. Whether it is possible or not is another thing but we need to fight elections like it is.

Politics.ie Member Lloyd-Apjohn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is the first time ever that FF has been at such a low ebb so whereas before FF would always get at least 40% leaving the rest of fight over 60% things are different now. FG should be aiming at 45% at least - a hard slog but if you don't aim high ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast