Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No Job, No Money, No Social Welfare.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default No Job, No Money, No Social Welfare.

Taken from a report in todays Irish Examier.

The queue at the Capuchin centre is growing weekly. Noel Baker talks to those desperate for food

THE first man in the queue outside the Capuchin Day Centre was standing in his spot from 7am, and his mood, perhaps understandably, was not the better for it.

"You look along the queue and see how many Irish nationals are in it?" he said. Referring to the presence of foreigners, he said: "They should not be here in the first place. When we had hard times in the past there this [place] was always open, seven days a week. The bags are a quarter the size they used to be — you could live on one bag a week four or five years ago. The publicity has not helped, it has attracted more people."

<Mod> Please do not post copyright-protected material to the site. A link and a short extract is generally sufficient. This article is available here. </Mod>

It looks like a some of the Immigrants that are going to this place are not poor at all, but are abusing the hospitality of the centre, like the brazillian students reported saying that they only came because they didnt want to spend money on food. Its really simple if you cant find a job in a country and end up begging for food its time to go back to your own country espically now that there is no hope of anybody getting a job in Ireland.
    Last edited by stringjack; 13th April 2009 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Please do not post copyright-protected material to the site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The reality of post celtic tiger ireland,of course the pc crowd will go nuts over an article like this.In reality all non entitled immigrants should be given a plane ticket home and €100 euro in their pocket on the basis that they will not return for a 3 year period just to get them out of the country.If you return your on your own.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by irelandproud View Post
    "It is the bloody immigrants that are robbing the Irish."

Behind them, a few feet down the line, stood a woman from Rialto, with unsteady speech and a sweet smile emerging through black, tombstone teeth.
    Put her on a plane and send her back immediately

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That post is laced with rascism and I disagree with a hell of a lot of it..

however, I can believe the Brazilian bit and I can believe the general.

Very very well written...

As an Irishman living abroad - I have only started to appreciate what Germany did for me recently.. my arrogance has gone, I am an ashamed Irishman these days...

However, we took these people in to build our boom... we can't simply chuck them out now..

Anyway, a very very well written post...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by irelandproud View Post
    The queue at the Capuchin centre is growing weekly. Noel Baker talks to those desperate for food

THE first man in the queue outside the Capuchin Day Centre was standing in his spot from 7am, and his mood, perhaps understandably, was not the better for it.

"You look along the queue and see how many Irish nationals are in it?" he said. Referring to the presence of foreigners, he said: "They should not be here in the first place. When we had hard times in the past there this [place] was always open, seven days a week. The bags are a quarter the size they used to be — you could live on one bag a week four or five years ago. The publicity has not helped, it has attracted more people."

<Mod> Please do not post copyright-protected material to the site. A link and a short extract is generally sufficient. </Mod>

It looks like a some of the Immigrants that are going to this place are not poor at all, but are abusing the hospitality of the centre, like the brazillian students reported saying that they only came because they didnt want to spend money on food. Its really simple if you cant find a job in a country and end up begging for food its time to go back to your own country espically now that there is no hope of anybody getting a job in Ireland.
    Reading the above got me thinking how we'd see Paddy O'Gorman on RTE going around interviewing people falling on hard times even during the "Celtic Tiger" period. Twould make for reality TV if a new series was shot and shown on RTE .... albeit very depressing reality TV
    Last edited by stringjack; 13th April 2009 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Please do not post copyright-protected material to the site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MookieBaylock View Post
    However, we took these people in to build our boom... we can't simply chuck them out now..

Anyway, a very very well written post...
    Couldn't agree with that,Bertie let them in to make himself look great on the european stage at the behest of IBEC and the CIF to further undermine irish workers terms and conditions and speed up the race to the bottom.There was 400 irish workers put out of work in irish ferries by cheap foreign labour,a friend of mine works in a factory where all the foreign workers are on lower rate of pay and they have consistanly got rid of their irish workforce over the last no. of years.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the work permit scheme,if we needed the workers we could have let in the no's required,instead we were effectively invaded,which was all fine for about 12 months,but the consequences of this we will have for years to come.

source?

If I ask a question don't just 'like' the post, reply to it. - If I post a lot about a subject I may write a post about it at http://dublinstreams.blogspot.ie/

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well as un pc as it sounds , allowing certain EU citizens into the country was a mistake imo , a bertie mistake . Dont blame the 'foreigners' blame ff and bertie .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stewiegriffin View Post
    Well as un pc as it sounds , allowing certain EU citizens into the country was a mistake imo , a bertie mistake . Dont blame the 'foreigners' blame ff and bertie .
    Oh i do,but that doesn't solve the problem.The simplest and cheapest thing to do is anyone arriving now or who was here and working illegally or has not enough stamps for the dole, offer them a flight home immediately and 100 ,no benefits while assesing claims.The message will very quickly go out,that ireland isin't worth going to anymore, i believe a further 30,000 pps no. were granted in the first 3 months of the year.This is an idea of what we are facing.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This original post is a story from the Irish Examiner.

?No job, no money, no social welfare, no food? | Irish Examiner

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast