Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Pat Kenny the new Pat Kenny ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Is Pat Kenny the new Pat Kenny ?

Listened to Kenny interviewing Lenihan about the budget this morning.

He was accurate, he was Knowledgable, he asked all the right questions and for the first time in years a senior politician was held to account.

Compared with the protection Miriam offered Lenihan the night before it was a joy to listen to.

He reminded me of an excellent current affairs journalist RTE had years ago called Pat Kenny.

Now should this man spend the next ten years grilling senior figures in this country for answers or should he interview Twink and Kerry Katona ?
    I believe that children are the future

Unless we stop them now.

Gimpanzee

Is you the new Rip Van Winkle?

Google Pat Kenny Quit Late Late New Show Current Affairs

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He's always excellent on current affairs - wasted in light entertainment. Watching him on toy show or interviewing likes of Jerry Seinfeld is car crash tv!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am increasingly impressed with PK also. It's as if the guy on the radio is not the same guy who simpers up to English nonentitities (on the LLS (I'd blame the producers who decide that some cow that acts in an English soap opera is of interest to us).

His interview this morning with Prof Wills was graceful, elegant and informative, as was she. In fact PK has done more on the 1916 Rebellion than the rest of RTE combined.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpanzee View Post
    Is you the new Rip Van Winkle?

Google Pat Kenny Quit Late Late New Show Current Affairs
    Thats exactly the point im making, RTE have made the right move and monday night politics may just have got better.
    I believe that children are the future

Unless we stop them now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel CNC View Post
    He's always excellent on current affairs - wasted in light entertainment. Watching him on toy show or interviewing likes of Jerry Seinfeld is car crash tv!
    Could you imagine John Bowman or Sean O'Rourke doing the toy show? Total cringe factor also.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Horace Horse View Post
    His interview this morning with Prof Wills was graceful, elegant and informative, as was she. In fact PK has done more on the 1916 Rebellion than the rest of RTE combined.
    God help us if FF are still in power in 2016 - they'll spend billions on commemerations, celebrations, centennary shows, new museums, exhibitions and God knows what else - all the while claiming that PP, Connolly, Clarke etc were the true founders of FF!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by carlovian View Post
    Thats exactly the point im making, RTE have made the right move and monday night politics may just have got better.
    PK is an excellent current affairs presenter

He researches matters thoroughly and asks probing questions

Miriam O'Callaghan takes the line that "neutral" means stupid/easy/ill informed questions.

He'll be a serious addition to our current affairs line up, I have no notion why he was ever given the Late Late

cYp
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Gimpanzee

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by carlovian View Post
    Well in that case, I agree.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Tide View Post
    Could you imagine John Bowman or Sean O'Rourke doing the toy show? Total cringe factor also.
    True but both would have the cop on and self knowledge and esteem not to attempt it in the first place!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast