Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Alan Shatter , PamIgate & the courage to tell the truth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs down Alan Shatter , PamIgate & the courage to tell the truth

As the Scandal over the Fraud attempted on the State in the ongoing case of Pamela Izevbekhai unravels it might be of interest to note that Alan Shatter, the well know FG TD from Dublin South and considered one of the most intelligent men in Irish Politics apparently swallowed this story whole!

Beats me how a man with brains to burn could be suckered in by such an obvious Fraud and one also where IMO hardly anyone out in the real world thought this was anything other than yet another scam being perpetrated at our expense.

So is he an eejit after all then

- or maybe he thought we were?

'Pamela Izevbekhai came to Ireland in early 2005 from Nigeria with her two children, Naomi (7) and Jemima (6) .... In 1994 her daughter Elizabeth died as a result of this barbaric procedure which occurred as a consequence of pressure imposed on her by her mother in-law and other in-laws. Pamela fears her daughters Naomi and Jemima could suffer a similar fate.'

Alan Shatter - Better Politics (Fine Gael as a General Election Candidate in Dublin South)

On his Site he states that he has 'the courage to tell the truth about issues, even when the truth hurts'

The truth always hurts Alan!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

bit harsh on shatter there. lot more than him suckered.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

From what I have heard from a friend that works in the Dept. of Foreign affairs, that it was widely known that it was a scam for a long time, but it was just so damn trendy, and it was a great topic to talk about, at dinner parties. Remember a lot of the people that backed her, would have allowed this to cloud their better judgement.
    Fianna Fáil
    The Land agents party.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by anlkestony View Post
    Well he stuck his neck out on this one

- so he has only himself to blame for damaging his reputation as a reliable politician.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Catalpa View Post
    As the Scandal over the Fraud attempted on the State in the ongoing case of Pamela Izevbekhai unravels it might be of interest to note that Alan Shatter, the well know FG TD from Dublin South and considered one of the most intelligent men in Irish Politics apparently swallowed this story whole!

Beats me how a man with brains to burn could be suckered in by such an obvious Fraud and one also where IMO hardly anyone out in the real world thought this was anything other than yet another scam being perpetrated at our expense.

So is he an eejit after all then

- or maybe he thought we were?
    Or maybe he's human and made a genuine mistake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Geekzilla View Post
    Yeah maybe ....

there again maybe not.

An explanation from him and an apology to the Irish People for backing a Fraud (that has cost us over €1 Million so far) against the State might help to restore his reputation as a reputable source on issues of public importance.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anlkestony View Post

Too many politicians and journalists repeat the claims of asylum seekers as if they were established fact, and deliberately avoid asking awkward questions. I do not accept these are honest mistakes.

I remember the absolute gobsh*te of a cermony held by the Sligo Council (could have been the town council). It was on the news and Pam was getting some big special honourary award for highlighting the plight of Femal Genital Mutilation I nearly spat my tea out watching the gullible do gooders. It was honestly like some farcical episode of South Park. Everyone's political correctness/opportunism and "look how tolerant I am" foolishness caused this whole dumb debacle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Geekzilla View Post
    That's grand if he admits it. Smion Coveney gave the impression on Q&A that Fine Gael still support her despite the lies and forged documents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Odyessus View Post
    Too many politicians and journalists repeat the claims of asylum seekers as if they were established fact, and deliberately avoid asking awkward questions. I do not accept these are honest mistakes.
    Sounds like Bertie so it does!

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast