Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: MI5 and Omagh - The Bomb to End All Bombs?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default MI5 and Omagh - The Bomb to End All Bombs?

I know some people here don't like artciles being reproduced in full but prefer a synopsis and a link - I have no link so I reproduce the article in ful below. If you don't want to read it then don't.

John Hanley • Forum Magazine, 2 March 2006

http://www.rinf.com/columnists/news/...-end-all-bombs
    Last edited by beanie; 4th April 2011 at 03:20 PM. Reason: copyright

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

29 inocent lives, I dno what MI5 were thinking but it wasn't worth being the bomb to end all bombs.

Link.

Was that really so hard?
    "If there is a future, it will be Green." - Petra Kelly.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by green
    Link.

Was that really so hard?
    Sincere apologies to all the anal people on here; I did not have the link as I was e-mailed the article.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A very interesting article. I have always suspected from day one, that MI5 or agents working for them, engineered Omagh to boost the Provisionals and destroy militant Republicanism. If so, the two blackest days of the Troubles, Dublin/Monaghan, and Omagh, were carried out by the hand of Brit Intelligence. The future Civil action may actually blow up in the States face.
    Republicans must also share the blame, for falling into the trap, and lessons must be learnt.
    Just 1 gram of cocaine destroys 4m2 of tropical rainforest. Give it up ya selfish b'stards.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogwarrior
    Republicans must also share the blame, for falling into the trap, and lessons must be learnt.
    And for setting the bomb.
    Quot capita, tot sententia

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate
    For over7 years, the public was told that misleading warnings were given by the IRA, regarding Omagh, and that the Crown Forces were unable to locate the car on time. . Now we learn warnings were given with the correct location, but were not relayed by somebody within the Crown Forces. We also learn the car was tracked by a U.S satellite, yet they claim they could'nt find the ************************in car. The Brits wanted dead civilians so they could use the atrocity as a stick to beat dissidents, bring in oppressive legislation, and lock the Provos into the process.
    PSF's "No alternative" mantra, only really began after Omagh. This was what MI5 had in it's designs. But they have failed. Militant Republicans stood firm, despite practical internment on both sides of the border. They are actually stronger in the North now, than they were pre Omagh.
    Just 1 gram of cocaine destroys 4m2 of tropical rainforest. Give it up ya selfish b'stards.

For over7 years, the public was told that misleading warnings were given by the IRA, regarding Omagh, and that the Crown Forces were unable to locate the car on time. . Now we learn warnings were given with the correct location, but were not relayed by somebody within the Crown Forces. We also learn the car was tracked by a U.S satellite, yet they claim they could'nt find the ************************in car. The Brits wanted dead civilians so they could use the atrocity as a stick to beat dissidents, bring in oppressive legislation, and lock the Provos into the process.
    PSF's "No alternative" mantra, only really began after Omagh. This was what MI5 had in it's designs. But they have failed. Militant Republicans stood firm, despite practical internment on both sides of the border. They are actually stronger in the North now, than they were pre Omagh.
    Blame who you like, but who set the bomb?
    Quot capita, tot sententia

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Blame who you like, but who set the bomb?
    Are you slow? Read my previous posts. "Republicans must also share the blame. The IRA admitted their part, acknowledged their role, and apologised to the families, and the 32 CSM has called for an Independant International inquiry, and have met some families of the victims. Those responsible for herding the civilians towards the bomb, have yet to take such a humbled and honest position. Why don't you read the initial post again, my friend, and ask yourself, ..why isn't the British State unable, or unwilling to answer any of the allegations.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just to illustrate my point above, the Omagh Support and Self Help group, which represents families of the victims, recently requested a meeting with MI5 to discuss the issues, in the initial post.
    Well, they got their reply today. They are refused a meeting. Indeed, such is the arrogance of the MI5 head, she states she is, "unclear as to why they should wish to meet her." The whole thing stinks to high Heaven.

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast