Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I accept collective responsibility for IRA deaths - Ferris

Politics.ie Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default I accept collective responsibility for IRA deaths - Ferris

A discussion on Politics.ie yesterday about Martin Ferris's appearce on The Political Party (tv3) led to a reference to him as a murderer, the basis being, that as he was convicted of gun running, that he should then be held responsible (if even partially) based on the assumption some of those guns may have been used to kill people.

This morning's Irish Independent covers this very point.

SINN Fein's Martin Ferris said he accepted "collective responsibility" for all deaths attributed to the IRA. The Kerry TD was asked on TV3's 'The Political Party' last night if he had killed people. "I'm not going to comment whether I did or not. I will take collective responsibility for every person the IRA were responsible for killing during the period of the last 30 years," he said.

Is 'collective' responsibility still responsibility?

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: I accept collective responsibility for IRA deaths - Ferr

Quote Originally Posted by David Cochrane
    A discussion on Politics.ie yesterday about Martin Ferris's appearce on The Political Party (tv3) led to a reference to him as a murderer, the basis being, that as he was convicted of gun running, that he should then be held responsible (if even partially) based on the assumption some of those guns may have been used to kill people.

SINN Fein's Martin Ferris said he accepted "collective responsibility" for all deaths attributed to the IRA. The Kerry TD was asked on TV3's 'The Political Party' last night if he had killed people. "I'm not going to comment whether I did or not. I will take collective responsibility for every person the IRA were responsible for killing during the period of the last 30 years," he said.

He was probably speaking on behalf of his Army and Party, which doesn't mean that he personally was responsable but still shows that his "collective" which includes himself were responsable. Yes it is responsability-In my opinion anyway...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If he accepts responsibilty, is it justified then to call him a murderer?
    The standard of excellence is an infinite suggestiveness, naturalism is the one thing to be condemned.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Four
    If he accepts responsibilty, is it justified then to call him a murderer?
    You see, thats where the word "Collective" comes into play. You can call his group murderers, though I don't think they are personally, but you can't call him a murderer personally.

Yes, hang him, and hang all Republican voters in the US for their responsibility for Iraqi bloodshed.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Norfolk Enchants,

[quote=Norfolk Enchants]
    Quote Originally Posted by "David Cochrane":289zt749

Yes, hang him, and hang all Republican voters in the US for their responsibility for Iraqi bloodshed.[/quote:289zt749]

Excellent point but why stop there why not hang Blair for England's role also. They are a collective force! Oh heck while we are collectively hanging people lets go ahead and hang the Queen and her little boys for the collusion. We can knock out all the birds with just one toss of the stone!
    "The hope of a secure and livable world lies with disciplined nonconformists who are dedicated to justice, peace and brotherhood."
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird
    Excellent point but why stop there why not hang Blair for England's role also. They are a collective force! Oh heck while we are collectively hanging people lets go ahead and hang the Queen and her little boys for the collusion. We can knock out all the birds with just one toss of the stone!
    Oo! Oo! Oo! Can we please?!

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

coconut,

Back coconut back, not yet :!:
    "The hope of a secure and livable world lies with disciplined nonconformists who are dedicated to justice, peace and brotherhood."
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Politics.ie Member merle haggard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

knowing ferris massive ego hes probably trying to get himself a medal for killing every cop and brit single handed . The entire IRA camaign- it was all me says Ferris .

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Had they made it to shore and into the hand of ASUs, that is

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast