Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Terence Wheelock R.I.P

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Terence Wheelock R.I.P

Hi all..ive been hearing soundings about this case for quite a while now.....todays Herald and Joe Duffy show are covering it quite extensively......I have no real opinion on this but I have to ask:.....there seems to be so many unanswered questions for the authorities in regard to the circumstances of his death that, I believe only a full Public Inquiry will work at this stage....what do you all think of this case? or can anyone enlighten us?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

could u give some more info as to the background?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Who is/was this man?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know some people that knew Terence Wheelock quite well. People int he inner city are absolutely furious about this case.

The Gardaí and the Minister for Justice have many unanswered questions about this. The feeling on the street is that the Gardaí killed him and covered it up.

Why did they feel the need to renovate the cell the morning after somebody hanged themself in it? Why threaten his mate and say you'll get the same that Terence got? Terence was in a fine mood in the cell so why kill himself? Why hold back his personal belonging from his family?

Terence was confident that he wouldn't be in trouble because he had a watertight alibi and said that he did nothing wrong.

The Village has done a few excellent pieces on this story over the last few months.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I spend part of every day in the north inner city and know lots of people who live there. I haven't heard ONE of them talking about this case.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by popper
    I spend part of every day in the north inner city and know lots of people who live there. I haven't heard ONE of them talking about this case.
    What's your point caller?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My point is that you claimed that people in the north inner city are furious over the case. Well, none of the people I know are furious. In fact I suspect that they are rather pleased if anything that a well-known criminal is no longer around to pose a threat to themselves and their family. One thing you might not realise about working class Dubs is that they rarely have much time for those in their community like Wheelock who prey upon them. Strange like that .....

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbysands81
    I know some people that knew Terence Wheelock quite well. People int he inner city are absolutely furious about this case.

The Gardaí and the Minister for Justice have many unanswered questions about this. The feeling on the street is that the Gardaí killed him and covered it up.

Why did they feel the need to renovate the cell the morning after somebody hanged themself in it? Why threaten his mate and say you'll get the same that Terence got? Terence was in a fine mood in the cell so why kill himself? Why hold back his personal belonging from his family?

Terence was confident that he wouldn't be in trouble because he had a watertight alibi and said that he did nothing wrong.

The Village has done a few excellent pieces on this story over the last few months.
    My god if I hear another conspiricy theory about the evil free staters....

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by popper
    My point is that you claimed that people in the north inner city are furious over the case. Well, none of the people I know are furious. In fact I suspect that they are rather pleased if anything that a well-known criminal is no longer around to pose a threat to themselves and their family. One thing you might not realise about working class Dubs is that they rarely have much time for those in their community like Wheelock who prey upon them. Strange like that .....
    Honestly that's the first time I heard that he was a "well known criminal". Do you have any proof of that?

Still that shouldn't detract from unanswered questions that the Gardai should be answering.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast