Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kissinger controls National Security Agency

Politics.ie Member Destiny's Soldier's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Kissinger controls National Security Agency

Remarks by National Security Adviser Jones at 45th Munich Conference on Security Policy - Council on Foreign Relations

James L. Jones

U.S. National Security Adviser Jones gave these remarks at the 45th Munich Conference on Security Policy at the Hotel Bayerischer Hof on February 8, 2009.

"Thank you for that wonderful tribute to Henry Kissinger yesterday. Congratulations. As the most recent National Security Advisor of the United States, I take my daily orders from Dr. Kissinger, filtered down through Generaal Brent Scowcroft and Sandy Berger, who is also here. We have a chain of command in the National Security Council that exists today.

So, Kissinger runs the NSA. Who Elected Kissinger?

Cowardice asks the question - is it safe? Expediency asks the question - is it politic?
    Vanity asks the question - is it popular? But Conscience asks the question - is it right?
    And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular;but one must take it simply because it is right. -MLK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He held the position under Nixon...
    Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are, and those few dare not oppose themselves to the opinion of the many, who have the majesty of the state to defend them.

- Niccolò Machiavelli

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The National Security Advisor is not the National Security Agency.

Regards...jmcc

Politics.ie Member Destiny's Soldier's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

National Security Council

Thread title should be Kissinger Controls National Security Council.

But Obama's appointee gets his daily orders from Kissinger not Obama. And if the NSC is chaired by the "President" that would make Kissinger the real decision maker or President in such matters.

The National Security Council (NSC) is the President's principal forum for considering national security and foreign policy matters with his senior national security advisors and cabinet officials. Since its inception under President Truman, the Council's function has been to advise and assist the President on national security and foreign policies. The Council also serves as the President's principal arm for coordinating these policies among various government agencies.

The NSC is chaired by the President. Its regular attendees (both statutory and non-statutory) are the Vice President, the Secretary of State, the Secretary of the Treasury, the Secretary of Defense, and the Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs. The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff is the statutory military advisor to the Council, and the Director of National Intelligence is the intelligence advisor. The Chief of Staff to the President, Counsel to the President, and the Assistant to the President for Economic Policy are invited to attend any NSC meeting. The Attorney General and the Director of the Office of Management and Budget are invited to attend meetings pertaining to their responsibilities. The heads of other executive departments and agencies, as well as other senior officials, are invited to attend meetings of the NSC when appropriate.

The National Security Council was established by the National Security Act of 1947 (PL 235 - 61 Stat. 496; U.S.C. 402), amended by the National Security Act Amendments of 1949 (63 Stat. 579; 50 U.S.C. 401 et seq.). Later in 1949, as part of the Reorganization Plan, the Council was placed in the Executive Office of the President.
    Cowardice asks the question - is it safe? Expediency asks the question - is it politic?
    Vanity asks the question - is it popular? But Conscience asks the question - is it right?
    And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular;but one must take it simply because it is right. -MLK

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For Pete's sake...Kissinger is an 85-year-old man. I am in no way defending him or his record, but I'm sure you know what's going on here. It's just a tip of the hat to an elderly man who used to have great power but who no longer has anything but a symbolic role in American foreign policy.
    bye-bye Empire, Empire bye-bye

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Elitist View Post
    For Pete's sake...Kissinger is an 85-year-old man. I am in no way defending him or his record, but I'm sure you know what's going on here. It's just a tip of the hat to an elderly man who used to have great power but who no longer has anything but a symbolic role in American foreign policy.
    That's not what was said. The man said he takes Kissinger's orders, and even explained the chain of command.
    Please sign the petition to establish a national day of celebration in honour of the vision of the United Irishmen!
    United Irishmen Day Petition
    Skinflicks blog
    Rep abuse illustrated

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know what was said. And I am saying that these are elder statesman, to whom tribute is being made. That's all. But if this is going to shape up to be a conspiracy thread, I'll leave you to it.
    bye-bye Empire, Empire bye-bye

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know what was said. And I am saying that these are elder statesman, to whom tribute is being made. That's all. But if this is going to shape up to be a conspiracy thread, I'll leave you to it.
    There's no reason whatsoever not to take the man at his word. If you have an alternative thesis to him telling the truth in public, then you are the conspiracy theorist.
    Please sign the petition to establish a national day of celebration in honour of the vision of the United Irishmen!
    United Irishmen Day Petition
    Skinflicks blog
    Rep abuse illustrated

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You have got to be the biggest toolbox on this whole site. Did Kissinger meet with the Russian president and prime minister within the past week or not in Moscow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny's Soldier View Post
    National Security Council

Thread title should be Kissinger Controls National Security Council.

But Obama's appointee gets his daily orders from Kissinger not Obama. And if the NSC is chaired by the "President" that would make Kissinger the real decision maker or President in such matters.
    The trans-party agenda advances regardless of how one votes.

Kissinger is responsible for the murder of Moro in Italy as Moro's own wife testified and for the assassination of Bhutto in Pakistan as he himself testified from prison- and both of these political assassinations occurred because these leaders refused to bow to the US imposed zero growth policy.
    What shall it profit a man to gain the whole world and suffer the loss of his own soul?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast