Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Irish Army: Sexual Assault Victim Fined €950!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Irish Army: Sexual Assault Victim Fined €950!

This all seems surreal. Why is this poor girl being treating like this?

These sex assault issues can blow out of all proportion and it seems to me that this is a classic case. Why is she being fined?

Irish army glamour girl: I was sexually assaulted at barracks - Local & National, News - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fined for going AWOL... Not because she was allegedly sexually assaulted. Might be worth mentioning...
    Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are, and those few dare not oppose themselves to the opinion of the many, who have the majesty of the state to defend them.

- Niccolς Machiavelli

two totally different incidents grow up factorm
    If I ask a question don't just 'like' the post, reply to it. - If I post a lot about a subject I may write a post about it at http://dublinstreams.blogspot.ie/

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobert View Post
    Fined for going AWOL... Not because she was allegedly sexually assaulted. Might be worth mentioning...
    Yes, but how it's managed to get out all over the newspapers is unreal!

And it's not the first time the army has had such problems.

Report on bullying in defence forces stresses need for clarification of terms - Ireland
    Army knew of sex abuse for years - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie
    Defence Forces declare war on bullies - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

I'm sure Dr Clonan is rocking comfortably in his chair after this; yet another prime example of bad handling of the issue. Don't say ye weren't warned.

Fining a girl €950 is stupid in the extreme.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And the Defence Forces have clear procedural guidelines on harassment of all types. But she was find for abandoning her duties. Now cop on.
    Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are, and those few dare not oppose themselves to the opinion of the many, who have the majesty of the state to defend them.

- Niccolς Machiavelli

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And the Defence Forces have clear procedural guidelines on harassment of all types. But she was find for abandoning her duties. Now cop on.
    Obviously it wasn't dealt with properly hence resorting to the press. Fining someone €950 under these circumstances is plain stupid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You're a moron and I'm not engaging you any further.

- Niccolς Machiavelli

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You're a moron and I'm not engaging you any further.
    Huddling amongst each other and keeping silent won't make this matter go away.

Don't speak about it if you don't want to, but sooner or later, the issue's going to have to be dealt with.

Of course the macho men such as yourself don't like that, do you?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've read all the links you provided and there is not a shred of honesty in anything you've posted regarding this issue. I doubt the person in question would even support your viewpoint. Why would you do that? Are you drunk or just plain stupid?
    Racism = fear, low self-esteem and breath-taking ignorance.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Someone should post the address and picture of the guy that sexually assaulted her,along with his phone number.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast