Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Varadkar says: Clonsilla scheme could become a Ghetto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Varadkar says: Clonsilla scheme could become a Ghetto.

The local 'BlanchGazette' says that FG Cllr Leo Varadkar has expressed concern that the new housing development at Hansfield, Clonsilla Dublin 15 could see a 'ghetto-style' neighbourhood come into existence out there.

As 64% of the homes will be made up of one and two bedroom dwellings he claims that this would lead to a domination of rental accommodation and a 'ghetto-style' neighbourhood!

For once I agree with him!

Though no doubt Vardaker will be accused of playing the 'Race Card' by SF and FF now!

Why are foreigners been given houses almost rent free due to the stupid policy of rent allowances being paid out of our pockets?

We have already seen this week the Gardai raiding over 100 premises in the rapidly developing Ethnic Ghetto in the north inner city of Dublin.

Is Hansfield to be yet another one? [/i]

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Eh, was race or even immigrancy even mentioned? You don't have to been foreign to form a ghetto, you know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pidge
    Eh, was race or even immigrancy even mentioned? You don't have to been foreign to form a ghetto, you know.
    I believe that is what Vardaker was getting at. The fact that he was circumspect in the way he phrased it I'm sure would fool nobody.

I know the floods of immigrants taking up residence is a very noticable feature in Dublin 15 in recent years.

As the vast majority could not afford the mortages or indeed the crazy rents then it can only be coming from our pockets.

For instance this past week I was speaking to landlord out here in Blanchardstown who rents a house to a family from abroad for 1,200 euros a month.

Now only he told me himself even I would find this difficult to believe but of that 1,200 they just pay 52 euro a month in rent. The balance is covered by the rent allowance!

So for just 13 euro a week they have a house that you or I would have to pay out full schilling on!

Like is this right?

I don't think so!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you know of landlords prepared to accept defunct Austrian currency in lieu of rent, I'm interested in talking to him. Perhaps he'd accept my monopoly money or chocolate doubloons too.
    Please sign the petition to establish a national day of celebration in honour of the vision of the United Irishmen!
    United Irishmen Day Petition
    Skinflicks blog
    Rep abuse illustrated

Politics.ie Member FutureTaoiseach's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Another example of immigrants getting special privileges in this country such that the native Irish are becoming the second-class citizens.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Immigrants....non-nationals...taking over our city? where were you clowns when the culchies invaded Dublin. Why worry about foreign nationals getting rent allowance. You should worry about landlords getting massive money for shite accomodation. remember, Most landlords are probably culchies. The Pale was created for a good reason. Keep the culchies out and let the foreign nationals in. (At least they speak english.)
    As for the Inner city becoming a Ghetto,well... what the ************************ has it been for years.
    You hang up about "Johnny foreigner" leads me to suspect a sexual envy motive.
    happy days

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

With a name like Leo Varadkar, I assume that the good councillor is not of pure Irish blood. Therefore I hope that Catalpa and FutureTaoiseach call for his deportation forthwith.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CJH
    With a name like Leo Varadkar, I assume that the good councillor is not of pure Irish blood. Therefore I hope that Catalpa and FutureTaoiseach call for his deportation forthwith.
    Cue feigned outrage from Mutt and Jeff.
    We can turn the world around
    We can turn the earth's revolution
    We have the power
    People have the power ...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Catalpa
    I believe that is what Vardaker was getting at. The fact that he was circumspect in the way he phrased it I'm sure would fool nobody.
    You can believe what you like, but people have been talking about bad town planning creating ghettos for decades. I don't know anything about Varadker, but if you're so sure he's "on your side" why don't you phone him up and offer him your support in stemming the immigrant tide in Dublin 15?

Quote Originally Posted by Catalpa
    So for just 13 euro a week they have a house that you or I would have to pay out full schilling on!
    Unless you or I were on rent allowance, like many thousands of Irish people.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureTaoiseach
    Another example of immigrants getting special privileges in this country such that the native Irish are becoming the second-class citizens.
    What example?
    Worth breaking my "no sig" rule for: http://cedarlounge.wordpress.com/

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FutureTaoiseach
    Unfortunately, that class of second class Irish are probably the least likely to vote, which maybe is why they're finding themselves where they increasing are - at the bottom of the heap (not trying to justify what's happening of course) and it just isnít happening in West Dublin either BTW.
    "Public opinion will be led to adopt, without knowing it, the proposals that we dare not present to them directly ...."
    - V.Giscard D'Estaing, 14 June 2007

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast