Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Superbowl XL

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Superbowl XL

Will anybody be watching?

Will Microsoft beat the Steelers?

Is American Football the greatest sport ever?
    The only way to change the world is to win elections.

Politics.ie Newbie
    London (aka Lisbon Treaty/PD demise émigré)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i will be watching. Unfortunately I just moved house so i didn't have SkyDigital during January to watch the play-offs so i'm not as into it this year as I normally am.
    2 boring, defensive teams in the most boring match of the year, except for the halftime show of course 8) (who is playing in that this year?)
    "I thought that I had a duty to help those that weren't as lucky as me." -- John Hume

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I watched the Superbowl once. I can't believe a game of 60 mins takes 3 hours to play. It is the single most annoying feature about the game. When they're actually playing, I enjoy it, but thats not really worth the two hours of waiting.
    Greatest forest in the history of trees.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GusherING
    I watched the Superbowl once. I can't believe a game of 60 mins takes 3 hours to play. It is the single most annoying feature about the game. When they're actually playing, I enjoy it, but thats not really worth the two hours of waiting.
    That's a common complaint, but the clock is of enormous significance in an NFL game, which is what people sometimes don't get. A team will react in a different way depending on if the clock is running, if it is not, if its close to the end of a half, if its close to the end of the game etc etc. You also have to appreciate the enormous physical exertion involved, which means it would be impossible to just play it off in 60 mins. Once you get all that, the clock isn't a problem (the ads are, however).

Seattle Seahawks v. Pittsburgh Steelers

Ind. Colts were nailed on favourites this year, but the Steelers tripped them up.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rolling Stones are doing the HT show, I believe. Sky's coverage of the NFL is quite good and informative. The Steelers, in the play-off games, have shown that they are not just a good defensive team, should be a close enough game but I expect Seattle to edge it.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BritishPetroleum
    Rolling Stones are doing the HT show, I believe. Sky's coverage of the NFL is quite good and informative. The Steelers, in the play-off games, have shown that they are not just a good defensive team, should be a close enough game but I expect Seattle to edge it.
    Perhaps. But I think the whole Jerome Betis coming home to Detroit thing will spur the Steelers on. I also think that destiny is on their side, given what happened in their win over the Colts. A bit like Liverpool in the Champions League last year.

I'm actually looking forward to it being over in some ways. By the end of January I'm usually fed up feeling like death on holiday on Monday mornings...

Politics.ie Member Socratus O' Pericles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know little about this but Siri says the patriots should beat the eagles by 4.5 points, I think I’ll go with that.
    The truth of an idea is not a stagnant property inherent in it. Truth happens to an idea. It becomes true, is made true by events.

Politics.ie Member Socratus O' Pericles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It’s LII this time.
    The truth of an idea is not a stagnant property inherent in it. Truth happens to an idea. It becomes true, is made true by events.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I never watch the Superbowl. It's just liberal feminazi manchurian candidate bilge designed to make my willy wither away. Wrap your lads in tinfoil, people. You have all been warned.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GusherING View Post
    That's why so many people enjoy it so much. Plenty of time for quaffing. You should go to one live sometime. Even more boring. Times when they're walking up to the line of scrimmage for a play and suddenly they stop and everyone looks at each other with a "What's going on?" expression. Then someone goes, "Oh, TV time out." Ridiculous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast