Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tom Parlon: Ireland would ruin its credibility internationally...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Tom Parlon: Ireland would ruin its credibility internationally...

Tom Parlon should be tried for treason for putting the interests of CIF members ahead of this country. It is his members and their cronies who have destroyed this country and it's reputation in the world. He's a distgustingly grubby little chancer who deserves to be up there with Charlie Haughey, Bertie Ahern, Liam Lawlor, Ray Burke, etc. in the list of traitors who disserviced this country.

Investment in capital vital, construction group says - The Irish Times - Tue, Mar 10, 2009

Politics.ie Royalty toxic avenger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm giving you positive rep for the first seven words alone. The man who provoked the PDs climbdown from their threat to withdraw from government when Ahern was in pre-election doo-dah over the Tribunal (Harney, McDowell, and O'Donnell were apparently ready to walk) because of his need for FF transfers, thus precipitating the complete destruction of the Party. He then waltzes off from the wreckage to be with his friends in the cement-mixing business, leaving McDowell to take the blame and others to clean up the mess. Why anyone would listen to a word this specimen ever comes out with is beyond me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toxic avenger View Post
    I'm giving you positive rep for the first seven words alone. The man who provoked the PDs climbdown from their threat to withdraw from government when Ahern was in pre-election doo-dah over the Tribunal (Harney, McDowell, and O'Donnell were apparently ready to walk) because of his need for FF transfers, thus precipitating the complete destruction of the Party. He then waltzes off from the wreckage to be with his friends in the cement-mixing business, leaving McDowell to take the blame and others to clean up the mess. Why anyone would listen to a word this specimen ever comes out with is beyond me...
    While I agree with most of what you say, TA, his role in the destruction of the PDs, however unintended, is his only saving grace. Anybody who contributed to the destruction of the PDs deserves credit.
    Fianna Fail - The Loss of Sovereignty Party.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pauli View Post
    While I agree with most of what you say, TA, his role in the destruction of the PDs, however unintended, is his only saving grace. Anybody who contributed to the destruction of the PDs deserves credit.
    There's something in what you say Pauli. However the PDs are far from dead - they have simply relocated to positions in management consultancies, IBEC and the like from where they actually get to control government much more influentially and effectively (for the interests they serve) than they ever could or would as mere elected representatives. Such is the state of 'democracy' in Ireland. The entire response to the economic crisis is an IBEC/PD-led neo-con assault on the public sector and the prciniple of serving our collective interest. In The Shock Doctrine, Naomi Klein warned about this - the covert use of crises as opportnities to usher in far right economic policies.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Builders demand raft of measures to save industry - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie
    Why should the CIF be given four hours of our ministers valuable time? What other lobby group would have such unprecedented access to our government? Tom Parlon and his ilk should have the good manners to p1ss off to the middle east, the former USSR or anywhere but Ireland after what they have done to this country. There is no question that any government representative should be meeting this scumbag this evening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This man is a p.rick of the highest order. Every scheme introduced so far has failed, so will any more. Here has already been written off by people with half a brain.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HanleyS View Post
    Builders demand raft of measures to save industry - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie
    Why should the CIF be given four hours of our ministers valuable time? What other lobby group would have such unprecedented access to our government? Tom Parlon and his ilk should have the good manners to p1ss off to the middle east, the former USSR or anywhere but Ireland after what they have done to this country. There is no question that any government representative should be meeting this scumbag this evening.
    This is precisely the kind of small minded crap that will keep us in recession. The burning desire for retribution rather than resolution.

A case of "Cutting off your nose to spite your face" as the old saying goes.

It's exactly the kind of thinking I was challenging here. http://www.politics.ie/economy/51789...d-us-back.html

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tom wants the government to give people more money to spend on housing at the same time that there is a huge budget deficit. This money that Tom wants taken directly out of our pockets and given directly to his members. This money will provide no tangible benefit to the wider economy from what I can see. All I can say is WTF?!?!?

Gimpanzee

Man representing organisation wants money for its members. What would you expect him to say? How is it any different from there whitterings from Liberty Hall?

Much as I dislike Parlon, he's been in the CIF for 2 years - basically since things started going downhill for the construction industry. Lumping him in with Bertie, Charlie and co is over the top. He's in Jack O'Connors league - an irritant who can't afford to be indulged.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So Parlon wants the Government to give taxpayers money on a 20 year loan guarantee to a group of businesses who can't even pay back interest on their current assets?

Laughable stuff! Unfortunately, this being Ireland, he'll probably get something. But a €5,000 grant to FTB's won't be enough to kickstart the market Tom.

How about your members knock another 30%-40% extra of the price of new builds?

God helps those that help themselves, Tom.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast