Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Islamic immigration into Europe MUST stop now.

Default Islamic immigration into Europe MUST stop now.

It is currently estimated that there are 20* million Muslims living in Europe at the moment. That's a bigger number than the populations of 5 of the smaller member-states combined. Current demographic trends indicate that within 15 years, Amsterdam will be predominantly Muslim, and it has been predicted that by 2100, the EU itself will be majority Muslim.

Integration seems to have failed: whether you look at the multiculturalist model favoured by Holland and the UK, or the assimmilationist model propounded by France, Muslims remain a detatched, aloof community.

The Daily Telegraph has reported that some 60% of British Muslims want Sharia Law introduced in Britain, that 40% support Al-Qaeda, and 20% think the attacks of 9/11 were justified, and worthy of support.

In France, for one reason or another, Muslims rioted last year. They did the same in Australia some weeks later. We currently are going through an extraordinary situation in which cartoons have convulsed the Muslim world with violently-expressed rage.

For those who scoff at the notion of 'Clash of Civilisations', maybe you'd better think again.

It's my belief that when six people say you're sick, you should lie down. All over the world where there are large numbers of Muslims in Western countries, trouble ensues.

Do we blame ourselves? Or do we join the dots and say that there is a significant group within Islamic Civilisation that has hopelessly failed to integrate. Even if the 60 percent figure for Sharia Law in the UK was overestimated by half, it's still an unnacceptably high figure.

Can the Muslim population of a country continue to grow indefinitely without the political culture of that country becoming more Islamic?

Indeed, Islam need not be a statistical majority in order for it to function as one. Already people are saying it was wrong for EU papers to publish the cartoons. In Europe, it's not wrong to caricature religion. It's done all the time. Should it now become wrong? I don't think so.

On the front page of the London Times today, an Islamic gunman raises his weapon high above a tattered EU flag. One day, that could well be the case in Brussels, Paris, London, Amsterdam, Dublin.

If the majority EU population in 2100 is set to be Muslim, and given that substantially large numbers of these people can't seem to be integrated into our countries, I submit that it makes no sense to continue accepting Islamic immigrants into Europe now in 2006.

Until Islamic Civilisation has moderated, our doors should be closed to its adherants.

Yes, it's unfair to moderate Muslims - but how are we to know who's moderate from who's not? We are incubating a potentially revolutionary movement within our nations. Who's to say that in 2086, the Champs Elysee will not be stormed, and the Islamic Republic of France declared?

Am I talking rot? I don't think so. 2100's not so far away. And the demographic pendulum has swung away from us.

I'm not calling for a halt to all immigration - just Islamic. There are plenty of seikhs, Buddhists, Hindus and Christians from Africa and S America who could be integrated far more easily than an Islamic community 60% the adherants of which in the UK want to see Sharia Law introduced.

*EDIT there's actually over 50 million Muslims in Europe.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=46965

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You might see 2100. I almost certainly won't, short of those pesky longevity treatments coming in. But here's a thing. Do you expect Muslim birth rates will continue at a level that will ensure a majority Muslim community within EU borders (in defiance of all other populations once they integrate, join the middle classes etc)? Do you think that Islam will remain completly unchanged in that period? Do you think that any European state would permit an Islamic majority to overtake the pre-existing population?

I hope you mean Sikhs, but hey they were protesting not six months ago about a play in Birmingham.
    "I like you. You're all right. Actually, I like you better meeting you than if somebody had just given me your record."
    Joey Ramone
    http://cedarlounge.wordpress.com/

Default Re: Islamic immigration into Europe MUST stop now.

Quote Originally Posted by asteroid
    Yes, it's unfair to moderate Muslims - but how are we to know who's moderate from who's not?
    Can't we just ask the Daily Telegraph? Those guys seem to be able to tell.

There are plenty of Sheiks, Buddhists, Hindus and Christians from Africa and S America who could be integrated far more easily than an Islamic community 60% the adherants of which in the UK want to see Sharia Law introduced.
    Also, plenty of atheists from Asia and post-Soviet Europe. We can't trust Christian immigrants - just look at the Jerry Springer fiasco last year. And as for the Sikhs...

Hmmm. I was unaware of militant sikhism (if that's how it's spelt). Point is, it's the Muslims that cause almost all the trouble.

Do you expect Muslim birth rates will continue at a level that will ensure a majority Muslim community within EU borders (in defiance of all other populations once they integrate, join the middle classes etc)? Do you think that Islam will remain completly unchanged in that period? Do you think that any European state would permit an Islamic majority to overtake the pre-existing population?

Yes; I think their birthrates will dwindle, but never to the levels currently to be seen in Spain, for instance. Additionally, millions more Muslims from the Middle East and North Africa will come here as the decades of this century progress.

My point is, do you want to wait around for Muslims to join the 'middle-classes'? Is time a luxury we have? What if they don't join the middle-classes? What if 60% continue the desire for Sharia? We've got to work with current evidence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Worldbystorm
    You might see 2100. I almost certainly won't, short of those pesky longevity treatments coming in. But here's a thing. Do you expect Muslim birth rates will continue at a level that will ensure a majority Muslim community within EU borders (in defiance of all other populations once they integrate, join the middle classes etc)? Do you think that Islam will remain completly unchanged in that period? Do you think that any European state would permit an Islamic majority to overtake the pre-existing population?
    The question is to what extent have Muslims integrated into society. When I see muslim people carrying placards in Copenhagen with the words "kill those who insult Islam", I think we have to question do these people even want to be integrated.
    MJ Coughlan,
    Waterford City.
    http://www.bebo.com/mjcoughlan23

Hmmm. I was unaware about militant sikhism (if that's how it's spelt). Point is, it's the Muslims that cause almost all the trouble.
    See, the problem isn't with Muslims per se, it's with people of all religions (and a few others) who think their beliefs are entitled to immunity from criticism (even tangential or unintentional).

I disagree. It's whether a religion can co-exist with the Enlightenment. Islam cannot. The Koran was dictated to Mohammad. It's too dangerous and risky to keep accepting them.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Out of all the immigrants who've come to Ireland, it's Muslims that worry me - not because I'm racist or anti-Islamic - but because a minority of them are hardliners who also have a quench for power and prestige. There is a question mark over the leadership of the Islamic community in Ireland. Who elected them? Do they represented the most recently arrived Muslims?

Dunnit - I'm not convinced that a 'minority' are hardline.

I disagree. It's whether a religion can co-exist with the Enlightenment. Islam cannot. The Koran was dictated to Mohammad.
    By Gabriel, if I recall correctly. What is your point? Old Testament prophets were dictated to by God directly, and Christianity is based on the belief that God took physical form to give his/her/its lectures to the people of Judea. The putative (and relative) integrity of the Koran is not based on the fact that it was dictated, it's based on the fact that it was dictated by Gabriel in Arabic.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast