Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 292 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Dublin South East

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Dublin South East

You selected Andrews

You had a better chance at holding the seat if Keegan was running.

On other note, over 200 hundred people at McDowell public meeting this evening... some of the local councillors (and ex-councillors) attendances but Humphreys was the only non-PD to speak at it.
    The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites

Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

does this mean all the nonsensical internal FF DSE stuff is over ?

That ************************ for that.

Oh, and I've never met Keegan, but after looking at his website, and watching his shenanigans re Joe Rafferty (and comments re Malcolm O' Byrne), I'm ************************ing delighted for him.
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

Quote Originally Posted by rockofcashel
    Oh, and I've never met Keegan, but after looking at his website, and watching his shenanigans re Joe Rafferty (and comments re Malcolm O' Byrne), I'm ************************ing delighted for him.
    What did he say about Malcolm Byrne?
    Failed liberal traitors: http://cedarlounge.wordpress.com

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Shaping up to be an interesting campaign:

Gormely
    Doolan
    McDowell
    Quinn (Humphreys)
    Andrews (O'Callaghan)
    Lucinda

Anyone care to make a prediction?

McDowell
    Quinn
    Gormely
    Lucinda/Andrews/Doolan/Humphreys

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm laughing at the fact that FF have selected a failed candidate, failed to win in the last GE and failed again to get re-elected to the council.

You know what they say "bad luck comes in threes"... well on the other hand it's really good luck for DSE residents.

Wonder what fictional polls were floating about that is allowing FF to rationalise this massive political miscalculation.

Jubilant ... jubilant, NO FF representative for DSE in the 30th Dáil
    The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites

Any details on how the count went? Who was eliminated first? Who was the runner up? It will be interesting to see who is subsequently added to that ticket?
    Dancing Queen

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

it will be interesting to get the reports from Rev/ Min 3 et al tomorrow.

Unless FF HQ can pull a parachute out of the bag, there must be a fair chance of a repetition of the LE Pembroke result and them not winning a seat.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lads and lassies you are all showing you rage at Andrews been selected
    We all know he will win the seat its a general eletion .not a local and the sad litle man will have the might of the Ryan team behind him this time .

Rya will want to keep this seat for his own ego. so lets not fool ourselfs. ANDREWS WAS THE THE LAST THING WE WANTED FOR TO BE THE FRONT RUNNER FOR FF.
    The best solution now is for R Quinn to step aside and let Humphreys and his nephew to run.

FF will now add O Callaghan so Kevin will take the inner city vote and the Nephw the middle class vote away from O Callaghan,

Keegan was never going to be a runner although we all wanted that but we done our best to discredit him hopeing the FF would be more determined to select him but it backfired on us.

Its now time that Labour make the though decisions and put Humphreys on the ticket ,

Cannot believe they did not select Keegan after all my efforts.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

All the talk of FF not winning a seat in Dublin SE is actually going to help us. Remember the predictions about Kerry nth before the last election. FF actually polled the highest vote and won the first seat. It looks like McDowell, Lucinda and possibility of FF not winning a seat will be the focus of media coverage of Dublin SE. Gormley will be regarded as "safe". In my view this will work to Gormley's disadvantage and he will be squeezed out. Time will tell!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jim84 There were three reasons why i did not attend the PD Meeting last night:

1) I was minding my own children,
    2) I was doing a Radion Interview ( by phone ) on 98FM
    and 3) The Plan re the Port is so ill thought out that following the defeat of Tom Morrissey at the General Election it will be buried.

As for Andrews Selection it certainly does make life difficult for DSE but it sure as hell will motivate me to work even harder to ensure that FF do not get a seat in this Constituency

Page 1 of 292 123451151101 ... LastLast