Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama the Charlatan/Fool

Asi-Irish

Default Obama the Charlatan/Fool

Well, so much for Obama's oratory skills, about the only thing that got him elected, well that and the fact that pretty much all of the mainstream media outlets (profit making enterprises), fawned over the man.

President Barack Obama doesn’t go anywhere without his TelePrompter.

The textbook-sized panes of glass holding the president’s prepared remarks follow him wherever he speaks.

Read on:

Obama's safety net: the TelePrompter - Carol E. Lee - POLITICO.com

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDJSVPAx8xc]YouTube - Obama Speech - Teleprompter Goes Out[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Njy-5X2huFQ&feature=related"]YouTube - OBAMA EXPOSED - Barack without his Hollywood script writers!![/ame]
    Last edited by Asi-Irish; 6th March 2009 at 04:19 PM.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes I saw these teleprompters at all the tv debates he had last year as well!!!!
    He is by far the best and most measured US politician I have seen in awhile.
    Get a bit of balance and stop relying on youtube to find every mistake every individual has made.

Gimpanzee

Asi - I can see how you might have difficulty understanding the need for a teleprompter, but in fairness, not everyone bangs on about the same stuff day in, day out...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nobody likes a spoil sport Asi.
    You'll always be left in the corner nursing your drink at parties with that attitude.
    A virgin and sexless.

Asi-Irish

Get a bit of balance? I'm not sure what you mean. To me Obama is an empty shell. He has had no major accomplishments in his short political career, and he is working in the interests of big business, not of the average US citizen.

His campaign was skilfully crafted and staged. The people of the US have been duped.

They would have been much better off with someone like Ron Paul or Denis Kucinich as President, or Cynthia McKinney, for that matter.

How's that for balance? Ron Paul (Republican) and 2 Democrats...

Asi-Irish

Quote Originally Posted by swansandtyphus View Post
    Nobody likes a spoil sport Asi.
    You'll always be left in the corner nursing your drink at parties with that attitude.
    A virgin and sexless.
    You're dead right.

I actually showed up at an American get together on inauguration night. I hadn't been invited. When people saw me arrive, many of their faces dropped...

I did my best not to spoil their fun. In fact, I even tried to join in, but I couldn't think of anything good to say about the man.

He ain't gonna keep his promises.

Anyway, I restrict this type of talk to like-minded friends (lunatics), and politics.ie.

In fact, by posting this type of thing, I am probably injecting some balance into the discussion about Obama.... since someone mentioned "balance" earlier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Asi-Irish View Post
    Get a bit of balance? I'm not sure what you mean. To me Obama is an empty shell. He has had no major accomplishments in his short political career, and he is working in the interests of big business, not of the average US citizen.

His campaign was skilfully crafted and staged. The people of the US have been duped.

They would have been much better off with someone like Ron Paul or Denis Kucinich as President, or Cynthia McKinney, for that matter.

I was about to applaud until I stared reading the 2nd last sentence.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Asi-Irish View Post

There is plenty of areas where Obama is liable to weakness but his oratory skills are not one of them.
    I have always pushed for a 3rd party candidate in the US but their system is wrapped up in the 2 parties and that is the way it will stay.
    For all his talk and his reasonable sounding policies Ron Paul did not have the b@lls to run as a 3rd party candidate and ultimately he realised it would be a waste of time.

At least Obama comes from a non-establishment background. He certainly has had to row back on many principles since he became a Democrat but so does every politician in the world.
    I am willing to give his policies a chance in these disastrous times and not worry about if he uses a teleprompter or not.

Look at the imbecile he has replaced. He is an improvement but he has a hell of lot to do.

Asi-Irish

Quote Originally Posted by Clanrickard View Post
    I was about to applaud until I stared reading the 2nd last sentence.
    So we agree on something.

But come on, man. I'm just thinking out of the box. Wouldn't it be nice to give someone a little different a go?

Ron Paul is great on foreign policy and the economy.

Dennis Kucinich tells it like it is.

McKinney.. well, McKinney is McKinney. I like her.

Who would you like to see in the Whitehouse instead of Obama?

Asi-Irish

Quote Originally Posted by smitchy2 View Post

At least Obama comes from a non-establishment background.
    Well, does he though? I mean, if you look at it, he has always been a "foundation" man. The foundations are just another wing of the establishment. He got a lot of help along the way from the establishment and his backers are very powerful establishment figures.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast