Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joe O'Reilly Murder Verdict Due Today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Joe O'Reilly Murder Verdict Due Today.

The Court of Criminal Appeal is due to gives its judgement today on Joe O'Reilly appeal for his conviction of the murder of his wife.

I sincerely hope he does not get off!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FrankSpeaks View Post
    The Court of Criminal Appeal is due to gives its judgement today on Joe O'Reilly appeal for his conviction of the murder of his wife.

I sincerely hope he does not get off!
    Even if it transpires that he is innocent?
    "I hereby declare that the Continuity Executive and the Continuity Army Council are the lawful Executive and Army Council respectively of the Irish Republican Army, and that the governmental authority, delegated in the Proclamation of 1938, now resides in the Continuity Army Council, and its lawful successors."

Comdt. General Thomas Maguire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Risteard View Post
    Even if it transpires that he is innocent?
    He has already been found guilty and his grounds for appeal are very tenuous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The issue about the use of mobile phone tracing and emails probably has implications well beyond this case so it will be interesting to see what the ruling is on those aspects.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TradCat View Post
    The issue about the use of mobile phone tracing and emails probably has implications well beyond this case so it will be interesting to see what the ruling is on those aspects.
    He is objecting to the phone records because no evidence was offered that O2 was a registered company, a ridiculous ground if I ever heard one!

He is objecting to the emails because they were sent a few months before the murder.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wasn't aware that you were qualified to determine what grounds are valid or 'ridiculous'.
    "I hereby declare that the Continuity Executive and the Continuity Army Council are the lawful Executive and Army Council respectively of the Irish Republican Army, and that the governmental authority, delegated in the Proclamation of 1938, now resides in the Continuity Army Council, and its lawful successors."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wasn't aware that you were qualified to determine what grounds are valid or 'ridiculous'.
    This post is a bit rich from someone with a signature like yours.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He is objecting to the phone records because no evidence was offered that O2 was a registered company, a ridiculous ground if I ever heard one!
    It is not ridiculous if they are thrown out as inadmissible.

This man could walk.

He is a deranged narcissitic psychopathic monster and he WILL kill again if he is free.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by swansandtyphus View Post
    He is a deranged narcissitic psychopathic monster and he WILL kill again if he is free.
    Wrong, because if the conviction is overturned then he is innocent and therefore not a danger to anyone.

Clearly some posters have difficulty understanding what the presumption of innocence means.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wrong, because if the conviction is overturned then he is innocent and therefore not a danger to anyone.

Clearly some posters have difficulty understanding what the presumption of innocence means.
    Would you be happy for your daughter to marry him, if he is let go?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast