Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Enda Kenny called "a murderer" on Liveline

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Enda Kenny called "a murderer" on Liveline

I did a double take myself. A FF member called 'Kathleen' from Kerry just referred to Enda Kenny as "a murderer". Joe's heart was in his mouth for a moment, there was a sudden pregnant pause but you could hear the mumble of something from the producer and then Joe just carried on in the hope that if he just ignored it he could bury it. But it was said. That comment really came out of left field. They were discussing CJH, Bertie etc and this 'Kathleen' who referred to herself as being 'black FF' was answering a rhetorical question as to who would have in power now other than FF and she stated "Enda Kenny a murderer"!! And then followed by the pause and the ignoring of it Joe Duffy. Bizarre.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Isn't it time that show was given an adult supervisor.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kerrynorth View Post
    I did a double take myself. A FF member called 'Kathleen' from Kerry just referred to Enda Kenny as "a murderer". Joe's heart was in his mouth for a moment, there was a sudden pregnant pause but you could hear the mumble of something from the producer and then Joe just carried on in the hope that if he just ignored it he could bury it. But it was said. That comment really came out of left field. They were discussing CJH, Bertie etc and this 'Kathleen' who referred to herself as being 'black FF' was answering a rhetorical question as to who would have in power now other than FF and she stated "Enda Kenny a murderer"!! And then followed by the pause and the ignoring of it Joe Duffy. Bizarre.
    And people ask why FF still get 23-25% in opinion polls

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah I heard it too - Minister (Comical Ali) Dempsey's raging rant on Saturday has obviously had the desired effect on the FF grassroots - its everybodys else fault - Im quite sure we'll have episodes from the Civil war brought up and linked as a cause to our current economic troubles by demented FFers over the next while - Ballyseedy equals Anglo-Irish bank and the rest.

Would be absolutely hillarious if our current situation wasn't so desperate.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I thought she said "mutterer", but I could be wrong

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Enda Kenny called "a murderer" on Liveline

I did a double take myself. A 'Kathleen' from Kerry who referred to herself as 'black FF' just called Enda Kenny "a murderer". There was a pregnant pause from Joe, the audible mumble of the producer saying something to Joe, and then Joe just continued as if nothing happened. No denial or denunciation of the naming of Enda Kenny as "a murderer". The instruction from the producer must have been to carry on in the hope that no one really noticed and not to make an issue of it and hope it would go away. But I certainly heard it. The comment really came out left field. The programme is broadly about the FF Ard Fheis. 'Kathleen' was answering a rhetorical question as who would you have in power at the moment other than FF and she replied in disdain 'Enda Kenny - a murderer'. Truly bizarre stuff.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

RTE will be paying for the FG local election campaign so, by the sounds of it.

So much for their 10-minute delayed broadcast that they introduced after the "Joe Rabbitte" and Martin Cullen/Monica Leech fiascos.

This trash should be put off the air.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mccafferty cat View Post
    RTE will be paying for the FG local election campaign so, by the sounds of it.

So much for their 10-minute delayed broadcast that they introduced after the "Joe Rabbitte" and Martin Cullen/Monica Leech fiascos.

This trash should be put off the air.
    Their is no delay on Liveline. It was proposed as a possibility after the Monica Leach/Martin Cullen episode but they never introduced it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You must be joking! He was called a "murderer" and there was no retraction?

Are RTE trying to lose millions from being sued?

I didn't hear it, but if true - it's not good. one of the factors in a liability suit is the reaction of the presenter, whether he/she attempted to restore balance subsequent to an outburst etc.

i can't believe that was let go

FTLOG!

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast