Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Classic Indo moment today

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Classic Indo moment today

Did anyone else notice the sideways comment on both modern Ireland and the journalistic sloppiness of the indo on Page 6 in today's (friday) rag? It is in kathy Donaghy's article on the rising cost of translation of "foreign" languages in Criminal court cases.

She listed the eight "foreign" languages which cost most to translate as follows:

Russian
    Polish
    Lithuanian
    Spanish
    French
    Mandarin
    czech
    IRISH

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not only that but the headline quotes a cost of 15 million while the body of the story says 1.5 million
    grrrrr

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zhirkov
    Not only that but the headline quotes a cost of 15 million while the body of the story says 1.5 million
    I hadn't noticed that one. I mean to say who is editing thase pieces or are they being edited at all? Truly hopeless second rate hackery.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by commentator
    I hadn't noticed that one. I mean to say who is editing thase pieces or are they being edited at all? Truly hopeless second rate hackery.
    Hackery? Oh come on, it's a feckin typo. If it was in the Irish Times you wouldn't start up a whole thread about it.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm no fan of the IT either, but as I noted elsewhere on P.ie today, the Indo led with all the information from the IT poll on page one, with two articles by Sam Smyth and James Downey of which only Downey credited the provenance of the poll.
    "I like you. You're all right. Actually, I like you better meeting you than if somebody had just given me your record."
    Joey Ramone
    http://cedarlounge.wordpress.com/

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pidge
    Quote Originally Posted by commentator
    Hackery? Oh come on, it's a feckin typo. If it was in the Irish Times you wouldn't start up a whole thread about it.
    I don't think that commentator started the thread about a typo. Perhaps you didn't read his first post?
    grrrrr

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I honestly can't believe that people buy the Irish(sic) Independent(sic).

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbysands81
    I honestly can't believe that people buy the Irish(sic) Independent(sic).
    Most popular paper in Ireland ... does goes to show how many uniformed people there are on the island
    The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Half the people I know who buy that comic buy it simply because it is the biggest selling Sunday paper and they feel they would be "missing out" if they didn't get it every week. I find it hard to believe that the majority of its buyers can relate to the narrow, elitist, D4 orientation of the paper filled with such delightful columnists constantly reminding us how evil we all are for not demanding the summary execution of all known Republicans, how "sick" our society is for tolerating this "rising menace" and how great it is to be massively wealthy. Anyone remember the "03 Team"? Merciful hour...
    "You can fool some people sometimes, but you can't fool all the people all the time" - Peter Tosh of The Wailers

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FTA69
    Half the people I know who buy that comic buy it simply because it is the biggest selling Sunday paper and they feel they would be "missing out" if they didn't get it every week. I find it hard to believe that the majority of its buyers can relate to the narrow, elitist, D4 orientation of the paper filled with such delightful columnists constantly reminding us how evil we all are for not demanding the summary execution of all known Republicans, how "sick" our society is for tolerating this "rising menace" and how great it is to be massively wealthy. Anyone remember the "03 Team"? Merciful hour...
    At least when we sieze power in Ireland we'll be able to shoot them all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast