Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sen. McCain on the IRA

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Sen. McCain on the IRA

As quoted in the Washington Post in his address to the American Ireland Fund at their dinner in his honour, attended by the five McCartney sisters.

"No one can honestly claim the IRA is anything better than an organized crime syndicate that steals and murders to serve its members' personal interests," he said. "There's nothing republican about the Irish Republican Army."

Very well said, don't you think?

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

here here! America is waking up to what the IRA is.Hopefully the funding will also stop
    Ceann C

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"There's nothing republican about the Irish Republican Army". I wonder what his definition of republican is?! Seriously though, he's absolutely right.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As an Irish Republican I'd agree with his words entirely.

I think he's clued in and knows exactly what it means for him to say that.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Collinsite
    here here! America is waking up to what the IRA is.
    My dear Watson - it appears that that pain in my foot has been caused by an African elephant! Do you see it? Just there, yes, standing on my foot. Must have been there since lunch. How odd... Mrs Hudson!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This has been brought up in another thread and there is no need for a topic on it by itself.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think it makes sense to have a specific thread for a specific part of an issue, rather than emalgamating all the various elements into a single 20-page block of confusing text as a single thread.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"I think he's clued in and knows exactly what it means for him to say that."

He certainly knows more about mass terror against innocent civilians having been a participant in the US war on the people of Vietnam, and a leading advocate of the current adventure in Iraq.

I'd say he's a total expert on Ireland. Watch out for the naplam in Crossmaglen!

Quote Originally Posted by Neutral
    I think it makes sense to have a specific thread for a specific part of an issue, rather than emalgamating all the various elements into a single 20-page block of confusing text as a single thread.
    "There's nothing republican about the u.s republican party. it's nothing more than an organised crime syndicate. recent revelations of involvement in israel, iraq and continued punishment beatings in guantanamo bay convince me of this. They cannot keep referring to their democratic mandate to justify this"

Willy Wallace 18.03.2005

equally plausable methinks, 'cept the Irish Republican movement ain't done anything of the sort

recent revelations of involvement in israel,
    What revelations in Israel?
    continued punishment beatings in guantanamo bay convince me of this.
    What continued punishment beatings?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast