Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cllr. Dermot Lacey

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Cllr. Dermot Lacey

Cllr lacey had a great letter in one of today's newspapers about Frankie Byrne. It was both enjoyable and refreshing to read such a nice, personal tribute. It makes a welcome change from all the sarcastic nonsense we usually get to read from letter writers.
    well done Dermot!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It was in the Trib wasn't it? Dermot Lacey sends a lot of letters doesn't he? He seems to be in Village every week.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the comment Deep Throat. It was in the Tribune and the Sunday Indo. I also had the pleasure of winning three bottles of Tyrconnell Whiskey from the Indo for the letter.

As for Pidges comment. Isend a few letters alright. Given the appalling poor coverage of Local Government particularly on RTE I find it a useful way to highlight issues I consider relevant. The Frankie letter was simp;y because I thought the portrayal of my former neighbour on that programme was to put it politely incomplete.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cllr
    Given the appalling poor coverage of Local Government particularly on RTE I find it a useful way to highlight issues I consider relevant. The Frankie letter was simp;y because I thought the portrayal of my former neighbour on that programme was to put it politely incomplete.

Dermo....... i was begining to respect u for ur committment to Locan Governance...... please dont ride it for every last penny its worth. Both u and i and everyone on P.ie know that the only reason u (or any other pub rep) write so many letters is that by the law of averages some of them will get printed thereby feuling ur public image etc etc etc...blah blah....

please dont F**kin patronise me by trying to tell me that u actually give two s**tes about me or what i stand for as long as i stand for you.

Jaysus... im not able for this crap on a monday morning

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ah Rocketman what side of the bed did you get out of this morning. As is typical if a Public Rep is active - as I hope I am - it is only becauuse they want publicity. If they are not they are lazy *******. I would have hoped that posters on Politics.ie had a little bit more understanding and committment to poilitics than that.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ah Rocketman what side of the bed did you get out of this morning. As is typical if a Public Rep is active - as I hope I am - it is only becauuse they want publicity. If they are not they are lazy *******. I would have hoped that posters on Politics.ie had a little bit more understanding and committment to poilitics than that.
    Oh Jaysus Dermo..... on "mature recollection" i withdraw that last statement...... i had a SiHte week.......................

Deep down i know ur a good worker....... im just ...... well i dunno........

bad week........

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jaysus Dermo....

i wouldnt vote Labour in a fit..... but that last post of mine was uncalled for......

Mad, bad week........

Sorry again!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rocketman - Hope you have a good week this week so.
    If that was an apology - accepted.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rocketman - Hope you have a good week this week so.
    If that was an apology - accepted.
    I feel better already! Cheers.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Glad to know that I have cheered you up Rocketman. Bit like I was cheered up at the news from theFG Selection Convention and the reports re the likely FF selection.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast