Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 73

Thread: Cllr. Dermot Lacey

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    80
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Cllr. Dermot Lacey

    Cllr lacey had a great letter in one of today's newspapers about Frankie Byrne. It was both enjoyable and refreshing to read such a nice, personal tribute. It makes a welcome change from all the sarcastic nonsense we usually get to read from letter writers.
    well done Dermot!

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    427
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    It was in the Trib wasn't it? Dermot Lacey sends a lot of letters doesn't he? He seems to be in Village every week.

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,594
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Thanks for the comment Deep Throat. It was in the Tribune and the Sunday Indo. I also had the pleasure of winning three bottles of Tyrconnell Whiskey from the Indo for the letter.

    As for Pidges comment. Isend a few letters alright. Given the appalling poor coverage of Local Government particularly on RTE I find it a useful way to highlight issues I consider relevant. The Frankie letter was simp;y because I thought the portrayal of my former neighbour on that programme was to put it politely incomplete.

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    D Wing - but im happy.
    Posts
    39
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cllr
    Given the appalling poor coverage of Local Government particularly on RTE I find it a useful way to highlight issues I consider relevant. The Frankie letter was simp;y because I thought the portrayal of my former neighbour on that programme was to put it politely incomplete.



    Dermo....... i was begining to respect u for ur committment to Locan Governance...... please dont ride it for every last penny its worth. Both u and i and everyone on P.ie know that the only reason u (or any other pub rep) write so many letters is that by the law of averages some of them will get printed thereby feuling ur public image etc etc etc...blah blah....


    please dont F**kin patronise me by trying to tell me that u actually give two s**tes about me or what i stand for as long as i stand for you.

    Jaysus... im not able for this crap on a monday morning

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,594
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Ah Rocketman what side of the bed did you get out of this morning. As is typical if a Public Rep is active - as I hope I am - it is only becauuse they want publicity. If they are not they are lazy *******. I would have hoped that posters on Politics.ie had a little bit more understanding and committment to poilitics than that.

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    D Wing - but im happy.
    Posts
    39
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cllr
    Ah Rocketman what side of the bed did you get out of this morning. As is typical if a Public Rep is active - as I hope I am - it is only becauuse they want publicity. If they are not they are lazy *******. I would have hoped that posters on Politics.ie had a little bit more understanding and committment to poilitics than that.
    Oh Jaysus Dermo..... on "mature recollection" i withdraw that last statement...... i had a SiHte week.......................


    Deep down i know ur a good worker....... im just ...... well i dunno........

    bad week........

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    D Wing - but im happy.
    Posts
    39
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Jaysus Dermo....

    i wouldnt vote Labour in a fit..... but that last post of mine was uncalled for......

    Mad, bad week........


    Sorry again!

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,594
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Rocketman - Hope you have a good week this week so.
    If that was an apology - accepted.

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    D Wing - but im happy.
    Posts
    39
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cllr
    Rocketman - Hope you have a good week this week so.
    If that was an apology - accepted.
    I feel better already! Cheers.

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,594
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Glad to know that I have cheered you up Rocketman. Bit like I was cheered up at the news from theFG Selection Convention and the reports re the likely FF selection.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •