Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Spain Withdraws Gardasil (cancer vaccine) After Illnesses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Spain Withdraws Gardasil (cervical cancer vaccine) After Illnesses

Spanish health authorities have withdrawn tens of thousands of doses of Gardasil, a vaccine against the human papillomavirus vaccine (HPV), after two teenagers who received the shots were hospitalized.

The two girls were vaccinated last week as part of a vast government program targeting adolescents. A batch of nearly 76,000 doses of the vaccine has been withdrawn from the market.

The vaccine has been available since 2006.

Spain Withdraws Gardasil After Illnesses - articles - articles.mercola.com

BEWARE! I've heard bad things about this vaccine - teenage girls getting mysterious muscle wasting diseases.
    Last edited by rhonda15; 24th February 2009 at 10:41 PM.
    "The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists.'' ~ J. Edgar Hoover http://tiny.cc/b2jo9

Politics.ie Royalty toxic avenger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It has since been reported that the two girls' cases were not to do with Gardasil, and a clean bill of health has been given to the drug (whether rightly or wrongly, I don't know enough about it)...
    UPDATE 1-EU agency says Gardasil vaccine safe to use | Reuters

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is this the vaccine for cervical cancer, Rhonda?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

One of the world’s best-selling vaccines, Merck’s Gardasil, is quietly producing some serious money for an unexpected beneficiary—the University of Washington.

Thanks to some hard-fought patent litigation from the 1990s that ended up strengthening and extending the lifespan of a critical piece of UW intellectual property, the university is now raking in a windfall of royalties on Merck’s cervical cancer vaccine. This product’s success has been a driving force that has caused the licensing income UW gets from the Washington Research Foundation to more than triple in the past three years, to $38 million in 2008 from $12 million in 2006.

Gardasil Connection Generates Windfall for Research, Tech Transfer
    I watched with glee, while your kings and queens, fought for ten decades for the gods they made.

Politics.ie Member droghedasouth's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

rhonda15 - be careful unless you want lots of teenage girls to suffer later in life in the way so many children did over the MMR scare created by that fraud Wakefield in the UK.

Spreading these stories is a bit like crying fire in a cinema.
    There are times when you are simply required to be impolite. There are times when condescension is called for!
    - Aaron Sorkin writing as President Bartlet to Obama, NYT 21/09/2008

You can't build a smart economy based on dumb decisions.
    - Richard Bruton 18/12/2008

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5intheface View Post
    Is this the vaccine for cervical cancer, Rhonda?
    yes and and i've seen other articles and videos linking the vaccine with mysterious illnesses
    "The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists.'' ~ J. Edgar Hoover http://tiny.cc/b2jo9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No Toxic - this Gardasil is a nasty little number for sure - there have been many adverse reactions all over to this.

Vaccine Safety Group Releases GARDASIL Reaction Report

8 more deaths connected to HPV vaccine

There hundreds more reports of this - including many sites posted to by young women themselves describing really debilitating reactions and ongoing health problems.

Probably most convincing of all for us here in Ireland is that Harney, at the beck and call of any passing pharmaceutical company, the sort of people she is normally falling over her ample self to throw money at, voluntarily cancelled the availability of the vaccine in Ireland. She was pilloried for her meaness etc etc but I reckon she knows fine well this one is a real bummer - and didnt want law suits down the line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by droghedasouth View Post
    rhonda15 - be careful unless you want lots of teenage girls to suffer later in life in the way so many children did over the MMR scare created by that fraud Wakefield in the UK.

Spreading these stories is a bit like crying fire in a cinema.
    Where on earth is the information to back up that claim. The people who have suffered are the victims of the MMR itself. The adverse reactions are not 'stories'.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rhonda15 View Post
    yes and and i've seen other articles and videos linking the vaccine with mysterious illnesses
    It would be really disappointing if this vaccine turns out to be harmful, it seemed to be one good piece of good news in relation to Cancer and I posted on another thread how the publicity surrounding Jade Goody was encouraging a big jump in the number of women attending for smear teasts and in turn, highlighting the importance of teenagers receiving the vaccine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default A Michigan teen suffered a severe reaction after getting the Gardasil shot

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkpT_OrHIoI]YouTube - Vaccine Causes Illness?[/ame]

Anecdotal evidence is good enough for me when you're dealing with health matters.
    It needs to be pulled and more research done.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast