Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sir Allen Stanford the Texan cricket tycoon: $8billion fraud

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Sir Allen Stanford the Texan cricket tycoon: $8billion fraud

Yes apparently Texas has cricket tycoons ... most fishy - indeed Sir Allen is being accused of an $8,000,000,000 fraud

Telegraph
    Sir Allen Stanford, the Texan cricket tycoon accused of a $8 billion (£5.6 billion) investment fraud, has been found by FBI officials and served with papers by the SEC, putting an end to a worldwide search.
    CNN
    The FBI locates and officially serves papers to financier Robert Allen Stanford, who is accused of running a $9.2 billion investment fraud scheme.
    In September, Forbes magazine named the billionaire No. 205 in its "400 Richest Americans" article
    See next time you hear something odd like Texan cricket tycoon : you know what to think.

Funny thing is this 9 billion story will vanish as we live in times of high fraud - perhaps we should decriminalise all frauds below $100,000,000,000 ?

cYp
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cyberianpan View Post
    Yes apparently Texas has cricket tycoons ... most fishy - indeed Sir Allen is being accused of an $8,000,000,000 fraud

See next time you hear something odd like Texan cricket tycoon : you know what to think.

Funny thing is this 9 billion story will vanish as we live in times of high fraud - perhaps we should decriminalise all frauds below $100,000,000,000 ?

cYp
    Steady on there - you know the rule is anything up to a mill is criminal, anything much over that is a misfortune, and thirty mill upwards is an attempt to save the nation. Your proposal is much too radical. Moderation in all things.
    "It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair.

Politics.ie Newbie clontarfblue's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi is not "SIR" Allan Stanford. He does not have a legit title. Just some mickey mouse crap from some mickey mouse country. He is not entitled to use the honorific.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Hon. Edmund Burke MP

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

At least it means an end to his obsession with throwing money at Twenty20 cricket. Especially after today's thrilling Test finish in Antigua, anyone who thinks Twenty20 makes better entertainment needs their head examined.
    "So how are things at the Campaign for the Freedom of Information, by the way?" "Sorry, I can't talk about that"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by clontarfblue View Post
    Hi is not "SIR" Allan Stanford. He does not have a legit title. Just some mickey mouse crap from some mickey mouse country. He is not entitled to use the honorific.
    Next you'll be saying he is not Texan - are we sure Liam Lawlor died ?

cYp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ahem... elephant in the room?
    Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are, and those few dare not oppose themselves to the opinion of the many, who have the majesty of the state to defend them.

- Niccolò Machiavelli

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobert View Post

Ahem... elephant in the room?
    I thought that too

Maybe it's a fake news story and Jon Cleese is the actor

Like a Texan cricket tycoon with a fake knighthood ?

cYp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'd like to dismiss that as passive nonsense but it's something John Cleese would do...
    Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are, and those few dare not oppose themselves to the opinion of the many, who have the majesty of the state to defend them.

- Niccolò Machiavelli

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobert View Post
    I'd like to dismiss that as passive nonsense but it's something John Cleese would do...
    He's a real knight, not just the round table this time:

wiki
    Sir Robert Allen Stanford KCN (born March 24, 1950) is a prominent financier, philanthropist, and sponsor of professional sports. A fifth-generation Texan who resides in St. Croix, US Virgin Islands, he holds dual citizenship, having become a citizen of Antigua and Barbuda. Stanford was the first American to be knighted by that Commonwealth nation[2] and was presented with the honour by the then Governor-General of Antigua and Barbuda, Sir James Carlisle.
    cYp

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hiding behind a poster View Post
    At least it means an end to his obsession with throwing money at Twenty20 cricket. Especially after today's thrilling Test finish in Antigua, anyone who thinks Twenty20 makes better entertainment needs their head examined.

5 days of cricket and you don't even get a winner! What's exciting about that?

Twenty 20 is the future!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast