Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do people hate the INDO?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Why do people hate the INDO?

I've met one, yes ONE person, who read the indo with respect, EVERYONE ELSE I know seems to have pure contempt for it.

Why?

I head one person describe it as "a broadsheet tabloid with more trash than the Sun could have wet dreams about"

I know they went abit overboard with the SF/IRA stuff but is there another reason they are so despised as nobody I know who hates it is actually a SF supporter?

The Independent itself isn't that bad. It occasionally has some interesting stories, but only Irish ones, as its foreign coverage (IMO) is quite poor.

The Sunday Independent is utter crap, not only because of its laughable political bias and its incestuous self-regard, but because a lot of the 'columnists' who write in it (and, let's face it, most of these people are just columnists, and are certainly not journalists in any meaningful sense) are just very bad writers. Gwen Halley, I'm looking at you!

However, if you like 'Glen or Glenda' Gilson, stick with it.
    Failed liberal traitors: http://cedarlounge.wordpress.com

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Whats the bias towards politically?

Quote Originally Posted by Gladstone
    Whats the bias towards politically?
    I think its coverage of Sinn Féin is absolutely biased, unbalanced and utterly lacking in credibility. That's not to say that there's an onus of the paper to give Sinn Féin (or any other party or group) the benefit of the doubt on things. However, the use of terms like 'Sinn Féin/IRA' should have no place in what are supposed to be straight news stories (as opposed to opinion pieces).

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes there headlines on SF were pretty alarmist alright.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smiffy
    The Sunday Independent is utter crap, not only because of its laughable political bias and its incestuous self-regard, but because a lot of the 'columnists' who write in it (and, let's face it, most of these people are just columnists, and are certainly not journalists in any meaningful sense) are just very bad writers. Gwen Halley, I'm looking at you!
    Makes one wonder what you are doing with that picture. Gwen isn't the worst of the columnists in the Sindo. Though most of them are of the Polly Filler variety. The Sindo is not really a newspaper but is just a sewer for the views of that Tony O'Reilly.

Regards...jmcc
    Regards...jmcc

Quote Originally Posted by jmcc
    Makes one wonder what you are doing with that picture.
    Is she hot?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smiffy
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcc
    Makes one wonder what you are doing with that picture.
    Is she hot?
    Well judging by her photo, I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating a breakfast roll. I'd have to gag her stupid right-wing moron mouth first though. (And hey, since she couldn't eat it, I could steal her breakfast roll)
    "John Bull has got his hand down your pants and his fist around your bollox and you can't see it."

Quote Originally Posted by DOD
    Well judging by her photo, I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating a breakfast roll. I'd have to gag her stupid right-wing moron mouth first though. (And hey, since she couldn't eat it, I could steal her breakfast roll)
    I have a ball-gag knocking around that you can borrow, if you like. Make sure you wash it thoroughly before returning it, though.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gladstone
    Yes there headlines on SF were pretty alarmist alright.
    I actually skimmed through the front page in the shop this morning (ironically enough a SF councillor was beside me) to see how many headlines were on the republican movement. I actually thought they had let a full front page go without mentioning them, until I saw that eejit O' Connor had an article on Jim Monaghan.
    "John Bull has got his hand down your pants and his fist around your bollox and you can't see it."

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast