Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Ar Muin na Muice"- Gaeilge programme Near90FM podcasts

Politics.ie Member Darren Mac an Phríora's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default "Ar Muin na Muice"- Gaeilge programme Near90FM podcasts

I started a thread on this in the Gaeilge forum a while ago. Our Irish language programme in Near90FM in Dublin the community radio station for North-East Dublin is broadcast every day during the week between 5.30 and 6.00 and is rebroadcast at 9.00 in the morning. I am looking after the podcasting of the interviews now for the next while and I will be doing them regularly. I should be podcasting a couple a week anyway from now on. It's up to the presenters to tell me what interviews they want podcast.

Near90FM is a very good pocket for Irish in Dublin. There are about 20 gaeilgeoirí involved with the station the head of the Co-op, Ciarán Ó Muirí, and an Irish language researcher, Ciarán Óg, doing a CES included.

Here are the two interviews I podcast today:

Máire Harrington Shell To Sea (27/1)

Cathal Ó Foirréidh Fiontar (10/2)

You can have a listen to previously podcast interviews here.

The podcasting on Near90FM is a great resource for Irish speakers and those interested in Irish/interesting topics in Irish.

Near.ie
    Last edited by Darren Mac an Phríora; 13th February 2009 at 04:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This ad will be going in Foinse in a couple of weeks.

Last edited by Darren Mac an Phríora; 21st August 2010 at 12:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am now, to let all of our fans know going to be going to the Oireachtas generally at least once a week now for the programme and also to the monthly meetings of Dublin City Council in City Hall in Dublin also, again when there are interesting topics/motions/debates happening.

Within a month of podcasting an interview for the programme we get around 100/150 listeners and that number generally goes upto around 500 after around a year. I'm not sure how many of them are listening to the whole interviews and not just the beginning but anyway the figures are great I believe for the programme. If it wasn't for our listeners on podcast I wouldn't be encouraged to be involved as much in the programme to be honest e.g. by going to the Oireachtas/DCC monthly meetings.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Ar Muin na Muice" - Is the show available on any other radio station?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The programme is exclusive to Nearfm. You can listen to the programme online live at 5.30 every day during the week at near.ie - Home and also the following morning at 9.00.

Politics.ie Member Darren J. Prior's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am going back to the station next week. My programme is current affairs. It is not definite yet whether I will be presenting a programme (I probably will) or simply doing interviews but I would appreciate any suggestions regarding interviees.
    Blog | Youtube | Mixcloud | Podchraoltaí Gaeilge Near FM | #Think32 #Éire32 #Gaeilge #FreeEducation #Gaeloideachas #PublicHealth #IRLdev #GlobalHealth #GlobalDev #BanHunting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The station is a (very) good pocket for Irish speakers alright. Ten people are now working on the programme. Two people work on every programme during the week.
    Blog | Youtube | Mixcloud | Podchraoltaí Gaeilge Near FM | #Think32 #Éire32 #Gaeilge #FreeEducation #Gaeloideachas #PublicHealth #IRLdev #GlobalHealth #GlobalDev #BanHunting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I started a "Like" page for the programme on Facebook here.
    Last edited by Darren J. Prior; 16th August 2014 at 12:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well I am back with NearFM for over another month now after a three year stint with Raidió na Life for another series.

The programme is still broadcast five days a week but as seen as we are a couple of presenters down other Irish language programmes from other stations go out once or twice a week currently instead of where Ar Muin should. So basically we are looking for one or two more presenters if anyone here wants to present a programme? Or you can work on a programme instead of presenting one.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Who cares about the Irish language , We in the west were exported by the government of the fifties as the unwanted which was just a follow on from the famines unwanted, What good did this Gaelic nonsense do us Connemara men or our ancestors. Most of us were at a loss entering the real world and had to re-educate ourselves . These Gaelic fanatics want to keep the Irish people in the Gombeen mentality of "Darby o gill, and his little people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast