Thread: Gerald Celente - 2009 will see the worst economic collapse ever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Gerald Celente - 2009 will see the worst economic collapse ever

RT: Interview with Gerald Celente on 2009-02-11 04:40

RT Guest
    February 11, 2009, 4:40
    Gerald Celente
    In 2009 we’re going to see the worst economic collapse ever, the ‘Greatest Depression’, says Gerald Celente, U.S. trend forecaster. He believes it’s going to be very violent in the U.S., including there being a tax revolt......

tin hats stuff here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Russia Today is generally dire. They love stories about problems in other countries but never run a story on the multitude of problems in Russia itself.

Classic propaganda - like a less polished FoxNews.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So Mr. Gerald Celente is an FSB agent then? I agree that RT is nothing more than a propaganda mouthpiece for Putin & co. but Celente is not to be ignored.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

RT always host controversial commentators. So, I´d take what he says with a pinch of salt and a big health warning.
    No doubt this is a critical phase for an international recovery. However, remember if the worst comes to pass in the US it will be worse here. There will be starvation and civil unrest in this country without precedent. I would advocate having a few thousand euros in small denominations in a safe place at home for at least the next 2 years. And candles, tinned food, flour, sugar and rice etc. Just in case

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seabhcan View Post
    He does sound like an interesting guy...

Gerald Celente - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He has an uncanny knack for getting things spot on. Witness the 1979 Iranian Revolution of all things. I'd say we should taking a bit more notice of him, dont you think so?

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

looks like the sheen will come off Obama fairly quickly. the incumbent tends to be blamed regardless of the origins of the problem. frightening stuff nevertheless.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gerard Celente has a very good track record in predicting and has been on about the collapse for the last few years. He is very calm, logical and he makes sense. This is a good show, he is in on the second half.

http://www.netcastdaily.com/broadcas...09-0207-3b.asx

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by absconded View Post
    RT always host controversial commentators. So, I´d take what he says with a pinch of salt and a big health warning.
    No doubt this is a critical phase for an international recovery. However, remember if the worst comes to pass in the US it will be worse here. There will be starvation and civil unrest in this country without precedent. I would advocate having a few thousand euros in small denominations in a safe place at home for at least the next 2 years. And candles, tinned food, flour, sugar and rice etc. Just in case
    Ireland's food production will be well able to fee a multiple of our population, no matter what happens. The thing is, will the govt. allow the Irish people to eat the food, or will it export it. If the Govt. are half decent, the army would step in to provide logistics,would the Brits come back in, as they do not have a stable food supply. As for chaos, hunger, and everything else, then I would say nothing would surprise me. If you think that Celente is negative, you should listen to Jim Rodgers, who is considered to be one of the greatest investors of all time.

I have always been intrigued by the idea of cycles of history, that we are condemned by our human nature to repeat mistakes. It seems, that these occur on hundred year cycles, have a look at this article. Once I have more time, I must thrash it out, regarding Ireland's history
    http://www.financialsense.com/editor...2009/0210.html
    Last edited by Eorna; 11th February 2009 at 06:13 PM.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Benz View Post
    looks like the sheen will come off Obama fairly quickly. the incumbent tends to be blamed regardless of the origins of the problem. frightening stuff nevertheless.
    The man does not seem to be the leader that he advertised himself as, for all his talk on infrastructure spending as being vital, only 10% of the money is being spent on it. Nancy Pelosi kicked his ass on that. Their is so much "pork" in this, that any stimulus has to be questioned. I am interested in seeing the workings of the bad asset buyback.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast