Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Send in the clowns

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Send in the clowns

According to this morning's Indo the 'Send in the Clowns' video from the National Conference has finally 'escaped' onto the internet. Anyone got a link?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Send in the clowns, those laughy, daffy clowns, send in the soulful and joleful smolts by the bowlful clowns, send in the clowns!

They're already here.

"John Bull has got his hand down your pants and his fist around your bollox and you can't see it."

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default the much vaunted video

I cannot find this video or any reference to it on Finegael web site or elswhere.Whats the story Fine Gael. Can we see your video please.!
    I told them to make one months ago and now the are hiding it from the public-what goes down here.?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Someone has posted the video here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aodh_rua
    Someone has posted the video here.
    It is also here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoCMyIrBC04 and the new version should be appear soon.
    Dan Sullivan. I was back but we still couldn't all have a vote. http://www.danielsullivan.ie/blog/

Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jeez, I hope their is a new version...

after all ye're talk about it from your conference last year I thought it'd be a lot better than that.

It has the basis of a decent film, but its just too short, and doesn't get people engaged.

Ye need something that will last the whole song.

I'll give ye credit, it was a good concept and could easily be something which done right could end up being a very good viral e mail campaign for FG, but..

less of the simple pictures of FF ministers. Remember, everyone at a FG conference know who these people are, and why they are supposed to be laughing at them, but non-political people will just think you're advertising for FF.

Second, more, and a lot more of the stupid statements cut from TV and radio interviews. These have a lot more impact than even the pics of newspaper headlines.

Three. Party gripe. Showing Gerry Adams and Martin Mc Guinness, might get a cheer from your average blackheart Blueshirt, but to the average voter, what is FG trying to say? That they won't work with Mc Guiness and Adams ? That day is gone lads, lose that bit.

5/10 lads, room for improvement, but good concept. Sharpen it up, and you might have an internet hit
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, my problem is that the main actors in the piece were so weak! It was hard to get any shots of them delivering their lines properly.
    Dan Sullivan. I was back but we still couldn't all have a vote. http://www.danielsullivan.ie/blog/

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i think its great!
    Not being able to govern events, I govern myself. -Michel de Montaigne, essayist (1533-1592)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KingKane
    Well, my problem is that the main actors in the piece were so weak! It was hard to get any shots of them delivering their lines properly.
    errrr...surely that's exactly what you want? RoC's right, there's a work of genius hiding in there if it was done right. Come on, surely it's easy to get clips of Bertie, Roche, Cullen and McDowell in particular saying something stupid, incomprehensible, pompous, arrogant or all of the above at once? Dempsey, Martin, Brennan and O'Dea should be fairly fertile ground as well.

Ditch the gratuitous SF-bashing, it's not going to win any fans outside the core Blueshirt vote.

Attack Harney with care, choose your target wisely. For some mad reason punters are very sympathetic to the woman despite her swivel-eyed Thatcherite "sell everything and privatise the health service!" policies.

I mean, come on, this is a terrible government. Clueless, incompetant beyond belief, arrogant, cold, uncaring, at the mercy of vested interests, with a rap sheet of lies and broken promises that is almost endless, not to mention all the dithering, wasted opportunities and failures to take decisions.

If this is the best FG can do when presented with such an open goal then maybe youse aren't up to the job either. Is that what yer offering? Slightly less incompetent and slightly less arrogant mediocrity?
    Je suis un loo-lah

Great stuff. Super flashcard for the voters goldfish memory (Mine more than anyones ) particularly enjoyed the Evoting scenes, very emotive. Are they going to TV it ?
    Redacted.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast