Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Jade Goody, a broken toy we made and want no more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Jade Goody, a broken toy we made and want no more

Don't read the rags or any of the shi**y ladies mags or, indeed have I ever watched an episode of big brother but the coverage of this woman in the past and in particular now has bothered me

As the article says "WE" created her!!
    (suppose like "WE" all benefited from the celtic tiger!!but thats another thread)

AND because we created her we can now pull her asunder!!!

I feel very sorry for her, BUT I really don't want the coverage of her dying!!
    She has rehired Max Clifford to deal with her publicity of her illness to make money for her kids!!

Now there is no doubt that there are plenty who will read this cr*p

It's an extremely bad reflection on "fame", being "famous" and the capacity of newspapers to print anything if it will boost revenue!!!!

Jade Goody, a broken toy we made and want no more | India Knight - Times Online
    When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Don't really like all these reality shows,and I think the Shilpa Shetty
    vs. Jade thing was basically an uneducated woman clashing with a
    sophisticated Indian.

But the idea of watching someone like Jade suffering a serious illness for entertainment is quite unpleasant. I suspect if they could get away with it, the TV networks would commission shows where the losers
    were hanged in public or eaten by lions.
    Last edited by Lao-Tse; 8th February 2009 at 01:19 AM.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"What is become of the world when sportsmen and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance"

Apocrophally attributed to Churchill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Outlander View Post
    "What is become of the world when sportsmen and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance"

Apocrophally attributed to Churchill

Nice post!!!
    tried to pos rep you for it but apparently have to spread it around!!!
    (sound a bit pervy to be honest,any way catch you back)
    Sorry!!!!
    When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    Don't read the rags or any of the shi**y ladies mags or, indeed have I ever watched an episode of big brother but the coverage of this woman in the past and in particular now has bothered me
    You hate rags like "Heat"? Good!

If you're also single and look like Kate Winslet, would you be interested in a date?
    Last edited by Lao-Tse; 8th February 2009 at 01:30 AM.

Politics.ie Member merle haggard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

we didnt create her . The brits did . . Nothing to do with us .Nuff said

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy

As a human being I feel sorry for her. I hear tell she had it rough growing up. Then after having made a small Fortune her life starts to ebb away...

I suppose she must have a certain raw savvy about her to have made herself rich and famous even though in a rather unsavoury manner.

Anyway she's human and a mother who is dying so while by all accounts she cannot be saved I hope her end is quick rather than prolongued.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

She's a complete cow, but you wouldn't wish cancer on your worst enemy.

Politics.ie Member merle haggard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mollox View Post
    She's a complete cow, but you wouldn't wish cancer on your worst enemy.
    of course not , yet i fear shell inflict it upon us incessantly along with all the other details of her life i dont want to know about . Its sad but its not remotely newsworthy as far as im concerned . Doubly so because of her status as a foreigner with absolutely nothing remotely got to do with us at all .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by merle haggard View Post
    of course not , yet i fear shell inflict it upon us incessantly along with all the other details of her life i dont want to know about . Its sad but its not remotely newsworthy as far as im concerned . Doubly so because of her status as a foreigner with absolutely nothing remotely got to do with us at all .
    Thing is she will be newsworthy to some!!!
    Perhaps with a global recession we will just create more of these media monsters as TV stations don't creat enough advertising revenue to produce anything else but this cr*p.

On the very basic level its persuading kids that you can be completely talentless and yet earn mega bucks dying of cancer!!!!!!!!!!!

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast