Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nenagh and Ennis A & E services cutback

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Nenagh and Ennis A & E services cutback

A&E's in Nenagh and Ennis will have their opening hours cut in half from April onwards. Both will now only be open from 8am to 8pm.

expect a LOT more of this.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bobo View Post
    A&E's in Nenagh and Ennis will have their opening hours cut in half from April onwards. Both will now only be open from 8am to 8pm.
    The Health Service will be the biggest beneficiery of the Recession.

Finally, the HSE will be able to make the decisions they need to without have to worry parish pump politics.

The days of maintaining of maintaining A&Es in every 2 horse town just in case Barney Joe gets a heart attack may thankfully be over.
    A demagogue is someone who will preach doctrines he knows to be untrue to men he knows to be idiots.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by goosebump View Post

Finally, the HSE will be able to make the decisions they need to without have to worry parish pump politics.

The days of maintaining of maintaining A&Es in every 2 horse town just in case Barney Joe gets a heart attack may thankfully be over.
    Who is going to look after the third or so of A & E admissions suffering from alcohol poisoning after 8pm on weekends?

Their friends will stick two fingers down their throats to induce vomiting!
    Last edited by patslatt; 26th January 2009 at 01:14 AM.

7 and 9 people on average at these a+e's can anybody put these figures in context?
    If I ask a question don't just 'like' the post, reply to it. - If I post a lot about a subject I may write a post about it at http://dublinstreams.blogspot.ie/

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Bye Bye Maire Hoctor

Those publicly supporting the plans are the HSE managers and local Minister for elderly Maire Hoctor, while local Independent TD Michael Lowry did not state whether he supported the plans but said that any changes would have to be underpinned with new investment.

"I have stressed to the HSE and Minister Harney that the services must be clearly in place in Limerick before any changeover occurs from the current services in Nenagh," said Minister Hoctor.

She added that additional consultants and accommodation must be in place in Limerick before changes are brought through.

North Tipperary General Practitioners are understood to be planning a public awareness campaign outlining their opposition to the changes. Three North Tipperary GPs have publicly criticised the plans, Dr. Brendan Thornton in Ballina, Dr. Roisin Costelloe of Cloughjordan and Dr. Colm Reilly of Toomevara

Above ex Nenagh Guardian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by goosebump View Post

Have you heard of the golden hour? Where I live you have to drive the equivalent to Dublin to Tullamore to reach the only A&E hospital. We are not talking a\bout every one horse town merely that A & E be sufficiently close to the patients.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Very few cases presenting to A&E are "emergencies- need to be dealt with in the next 30 minutes". Many A&Es have an average waiting period of 2-6 hours.

In a small A&E getting the "blend" right of staff is very challenging - e.g. on a shift you can only have 1 or 2 radiologists ... but demand suggests you need 1.4 - so either you have 2, and a waste of 43% or 1 and cause a process choke-point.

Already in Nenagh there is a CT scanner lying idle, it clearly isn't a serious "trauma" A&E (i.e. where we'd expect urgent patients to go).

Nenagh is on the main Dublin-Limerick road, 20 miles from Limerick, so for worse case scenario that adds 30 minutes to journey.

cYp
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cyberianpan View Post

Nenagh is on the main Dublin-Limerick road, 20 miles from Limerick, so for worse case scenario that adds 30 minutes to journey.

cYp
    when did you last make this journey in 20 minutes ?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bad decision made by morons who have never treated a patient in their lives. Cowardly administrators protected by their VHI positive "job for life" who sit in ivory towers and condemn others to rot on trolleys

The hospitals referenced here were efficient, well run and enjoyed high clinical standards. They are a credit to their medical staff

What is happening in the mid west has already happened in the north east

For those of you unfamiliar with this NE balls up (and the many other HSE cock ups over the past few months) I invite you to read this - I wrote it

Every January, the HSE is surprised by winter bugs - Comment, Opinion - Herald.ie

As an organisation the HSE are a failure. They are governed by a culture of incompetence and an absolute indifference to human suffering. They prefer to place the job for life for second rate bureaucrats ahead of the welfare of the sick and elderly

They are a disgarce to our nation. Those who defend them are seriously misguided.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast