Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: FF - the what party

Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default FF - the what party

I am really angry over this Pension robbing scandal. It really is one of the few things that makes my blood boil. And then to listen to not only FF supporters, but lads I work with try to fob it off as a technicality.

So henceforth .. I believe that each and every non FF person both here, and in public discourse, refer to them as Fianna Fail - The Pension Robbing Party

And this isn't in any way an endorsement of Fine Gael or Labour on this issue. Quite frankly their response to the Travers report inside and outside the Dail is worse than useless.

Even though FF - The pension robbers make my blood boil they're still better than the alternative.

The old Paul Keating quote of being savaged by a dead sheep comes to mind every time I see Enda Kenny.

So anyone have any better or wittier ideas than FF - The pension robbing party ?
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lets not get into branding Rock. The sheer variety of petty names one could attach to Sinn Fein would leave us spoilt for choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can't blame us,

It was a systematic fault of the system dating back to 1973,
    Thank God it now being sorted out and not lost for another 3 decades.
    Percussus Resurgo

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It is interesting that Rock, in his eagerness to bash FG, fails to note the role that Enda Kenny had in bringing this issue to the fore.

Default Re: FF - the what party

Quote Originally Posted by rockofcashel
    And this isn't in any way an endorsement of Fine Gael or Labour on this issue. Quite frankly their response to the Travers report inside and outside the Dail is worse than useless.
    What should their response have been?

I started reading the report, but I won't have time to get through it until tomorrow. However, from what I have seen, as well as in newspaper reports of it, it appears that the key issues around accountability (particularly around the political, rather than administrative accountability) go back to 2001, when the medical card was extended to all over-70s, and the issue was raised as a serious problem.

The question then becomes "How culpable is Michael Martin for the fact that nothing was done". But that seems to be the very question that the Opposition is pushing.

And much as I don't like FG, jjcarroll is right on how this issue came to light (although I had heard that it was Perry rather than Kenny who stumbled onto it - is this correct?)
    Failed liberal traitors: http://cedarlounge.wordpress.com

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jjcarroll
    It is interesting that Rock, in his eagerness to bash FG, fails to note the role that Enda Kenny had in bringing this issue to the fore.
    Wasn't he in the cabinet of one of the governments robbing them?
    "Were not Fianna Fail" is not an alternative vision for Ireland, GIVE US SOME POLICIES

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: FF - the what party

And this isn't in any way an endorsement of Fine Gael or Labour on this issue. Quite frankly their response to the Travers report inside and outside the Dail is worse than useless. [/quote]

What should their response have been?

They could have offered to shoot those responsible.

Y'know, offer REAL opposition like SF/IRA do
    I mean, if the man can't even cook who the hell is supposed to be Taoiseach?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bad, Enda Kenny raised this issue in the Dáil and sparked the exposure of all this. Since there is no evidence that this issue was raised at Cabinet level during Enda's two and a half year term as Minister for Trade and Tourism, so I cannot see what relevance your question has to this debate.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If it was so wrong (and later found to be illegal during FF's reign) why didn't the caring coalition stop the practice,?
    "Were not Fianna Fail" is not an alternative vision for Ireland, GIVE US SOME POLICIES

Quote Originally Posted by Badnarik_Eire
    If it was so wrong (and later found to be illegal during FF's reign) why didn't the caring coalition stop the practice,?
    Which page of the report shows that it was brought to the attention of Noonan or Howlin?
    Failed liberal traitors: http://cedarlounge.wordpress.com

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast