Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 115 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Irish Left comparable with Nazi Ideology?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Is Irish Left comparable with Nazi Ideology?

Yes. The Irish Left does not recognise Israel's right to exist, but it surpasses itself when it doesn't even recognise the Jews' right for self determination.

While it does recognise other nations to do so.

The Irish Left holds a two-dimensional concept with no depth, that is, of the conflict. Somewhat childish concept, according to which Israel is to blame for everything that is bad and wrong in the whole world.

The Irish left does its best to demonise and delegitimise Israel, its right to exist and its right for self defence.

The Irish left is an anomaly in the human social evolution, and it's best shown in the conspiracy theories it makes up. It must be a built-in genetic defect that makes people here behave like Hamas is the most humane terror group on earth.

Well, it seems it's not just Hamas we have to live with, maybe it's even more unfortunate that we have to live with this anomaly from the Left too.
    The book totally contradicts any post-modern theory claiming a “Palestinian heritage,” or Palestinian nation. https://palestineisraelconflict.word...-palestinians/

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yanshuf View Post
    The Irish left is an anomaly in the human social evolution, and it's best shown in the conspiracy theories it makes up. It must be a built-in genetic defect that makes people here behave like Hamas is the most humane terror group on earth.
    Another Troll has escaped.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes. The Irish Left does not recognise Israel's right to exist, but it surpasses itself when it doesn't even recognise the Jews' right for self determination.

The Irish Left holds a two-dimensional concept with no depth, that is, of the conflict. Somewhat childish concept, according to which Israel is to blame for everything that is bad and wrong in the whole world.

The Irish left does its best to demonise and delegitimise Israel, its right to exist and its right for self defence.

Well, it seems it's not just Hamas we have to live with, maybe it's even more unfortunate that we have to live with this anomaly from the Left too.
    I'd consider myself on the "Irish Left", and I have no problem accepting Isreal's right to exist, and the right of the Jewish nation to self determination and a future of safety and prosperity.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Your problem is that you hold the view that the Jews are a nation, that's not so. It's like saying that all faiths are a nation and all are entitled to a home land. Every state accommodates peoples of all faiths and none and that's the way it ought to be. A person can travel from the far side of the world and instantly gain citizenship of Israel if they are of the Jewish faith, while an individual who has family connections that have lived in the area for centuries cannot. These people were forcibly exiled to make way for the incoming foreigners. That injustice must be addressed.
    Regardless of what Hamas do or have done, the indiscriminate force used by a powerful army cannot be justified . To bomb a civilian area in the manner that has occurred is criminal. Those in Gazza have no means of defending themsleves against such bombing.

Duth Ealla

Well done Yanshuf. Your very first post falls foul of Godwin's law. Your opening post was the losing argument.

But to continue in your vein. You classify the entire spectrum of the Irish left as one grouping and then question whether they have a genetic defect and state they must be an anomaly of human evolution.

Yeah kinda heard that one before. Well done my crazy eugenics obsessed friend.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hopi watcher View Post
    Your problem is that you hold the view that the Jews are a nation, that's not so. It's like saying that all faiths are a nation and all are entitled to a home land. Every state accommodates peoples of all faiths and none and that's the way it ought to be. A person can travel from the far side of the world and instantly gain citizenship of Israel if they are of the Jewish faith, while an individual who has family connections that have lived in the area for centuries cannot. These people were forcibly exiled to make way for the incoming foreigners. That injustice must be addressed.
    Regardless of what Hamas do or have done, the indiscriminate force used by a powerful army cannot be justified . To bomb a civilian area in the manner that has occurred is criminal. Those in Gazza have no means of defending themsleves against such bombing.
    I would disagree with you in part.. while I cannot accept what is happening in Gaza at the moment.. I do accept that the Jewish "people" constitute a "nation" and have as much right to a historical homeland as Irish people for example..

Politics.ie Newbie
    Look how far out to the left I've managed to push my user details. What do I win? I'm in Dublin btw.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yanshuf, you've been the target of plenty of intentionally provocative threads and posts recently. You're not doing yourself any favours by responding in kind IMO.

Comparing the Irish left to the Nazi's is about as constructive as people comparing Israel to Nazi Germany.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As politically opposed as I am to the ideology of Zionist, or any idealogy which claims a national homeland on the basis of a non-continuous ancestral ownership, Yanshuf is one Jew who I would happily help return to the Levant. I think if all of us do a whip around and pay for his aliyah, and perhaps we would be able to find a nice kibbutz for him in the Negev Desert with no internet access. Anyone else willing to put their hands in their pockets?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anomaly in the human social evolution? Built-in genetic defect? Hmmmm ........ interesting choice of terms. Who exactly is supposed to be comparable to Nazi ideology again?
    “Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen” - Albert Einstein

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wysiwyg View Post
    I would disagree with you in part.. while I cannot accept what is happening in Gaza at the moment.. I do accept that the Jewish "people" constitute a "nation" and have as much right to a historical homeland as Irish people for example..
    You cannot compare the nationality status as defined by what country a person was born in as against what religion they choose to follow. This confusion is at the heart of this problem. What happens if other religious groups started to lay claim to territory in order to create a religious state that is set up and out in accordance with the beliefs of a single religion? Such a situation will always carry the seeds for chaos.

Page 1 of 115 123451151101 ... LastLast