Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ulick McEvaddy and Finucane

Default Ulick McEvaddy and Finucane

Shameful stuf this am from Ulick. Basically nothing wrong with the banks, a good man hounded out etc etc. The banks share price is ten times too low.
    Why oh why did Finucane not say
    "fine so, lend me ten mill, i will invest in anglo, for 5 years. If your so sure, we'll both make a fortune"..... But she hasnt the wit or the training. Fluff radio at its worst. And mcEvady.....cringemaking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Maybe the man has said volumes in this interview with his thoughts on the subject.
    Marian facilitated him.
    Its only a chat, we ain't the world council.

Quote Originally Posted by jpc View Post
    Maybe the man has said volumes in this interview with his thoughts on the subject.
    Marian facilitated him.
    Id say was fascinated by him. Shes on a "millionaire adoration" jag the last few months. Lightweight in the extreme. Anybody with any basic knowledge of the issues woul have gutted him. Patsy mcGarry did a decent job but hes not on top of te issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BodyofEvidence View Post
    Shameful stuf this am from Ulick. Basically nothing wrong with the banks, a good man hounded out etc etc. The banks share price is ten times too low.
    "fine so, lend me ten mill, i will invest in anglo, for 5 years. If your so sure, we'll both make a fortune"..... But she hasnt the wit or the training. Fluff radio at its worst. And mcEvady.....cringemaking
    He was pulled up by another contributor, the IT's Paddy Agnew. He was talking a load of guff though.

I was listening to Newstalks morning show before Marian came on and celebratory lawyer Gerald Keane was surprisingly insightful about the whole banking mess. He also called, quite rightly, for the regulator's head.

The really funny thing was all of the texts that came flooding in saying that Keane was standing up for the little people. Still though, apparently it is possible to have an unjaundiced view on things, even from an ivory tower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wouldn´t trust the business ability of a man who is proud to admit his illiteracy when it comes to reading legal documents. McVaddy even claimed his lawyer couldn´t read the Lisbon treaty.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

While over on NewsTalk, Karen Coleman allowed Dick Roche to witter on for 30 minutes about how evil the banks were (at last something for the politicians to look down on!). She didn't once question why his government hadn't tightened up the law, beefed up the Fin Regulator and stopped fuelling the property market through its own incentive measures.

Quote Originally Posted by McDave View Post
    While over on NewsTalk, Karen Coleman allowed Dick Roche to witter on for 30 minutes about how evil the banks were (at last something for the politicians to look down on!). She didn't once question why his government hadn't tightened up the law, beefed up the Fin Regulator and stopped fuelling the property market through its own incentive measures.
    More radio lite. Shes great on color pieces not on news. As the piece in the times from the TCD guy on saturay said, there is a sense in this governemnt that someone should do something

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ulick my a**e - and I'll ........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

More radio lite. Shes great on color pieces not on news. As the piece in the times from the TCD guy on saturay said, there is a sense in this governemnt that someone should do something
    I'd have to disagree. She's great with all kinds of interviews.

Her recent interview with Séan Fitzpatrick is probably the most podcasted item on the RTE website at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Anyone have an audio link?
    "The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists.'' ~ J. Edgar Hoover http://tiny.cc/b2jo9

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast