Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Truth about Ryanair

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The Truth about Ryanair

Ryanair 'best for customer service'

5 December 2008

Low-cost carrier Ryanair has been voted the best airline in Europe in terms of customer service.

The Association of European Airlines (AEA) has published its customer satisfaction figures for the first three months of the year and the Irish airline has topped the list.

Airlines were judged on punctuality, the number of lost bags per 1,000 passengers and cancelled flights. According to the AEA, 88 per cent of Ryanair's flights left on time, it lost 0.4 bags per 1,000 passengers and 98.9 per cent of its trips were completed.

Other airlines which appeared in the AEA's list included Air France, Lufthansa, Alitalia, Easyjet and British Airways.

Let the truth be known
    Last edited by JumpedTheShark; 5th December 2008 at 09:44 PM.

Politics.ie Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bit of cop on with the big text please, this isn't Sky News.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default touchy

Quote Originally Posted by David Cochrane View Post
    Bit of cop on with the big text please, this isn't Sky News.
    do not provide the option if it offends - jeez

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The lost bags statistic is misleading, since as they charge for luggage, fewer passengers check in bags. I suppose delays are less likely in airports in the middle of nowhere.
    Last edited by RozzaCee; 5th December 2008 at 09:50 PM.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default well now

Quote Originally Posted by RozzaCee View Post
    The lost bags statistic is misleading, since as they charge for checked in luggage, fewer passengers carry them. I suppose there are less likely to be delays in airports in the middle of nowhere.
    look, Aer Lingus REFUSE to provide their data!

Aerlingus and Olympic - their data is so bad they refuse to submit it

so hang your excuses elsewhere

Ryanair is Number 1
    Last edited by JumpedTheShark; 6th December 2008 at 03:51 AM.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you are a customer of an airline what do you want?

exactly what is in the survey for which Ryanair received the reward.

Now I'll get me coat in a minute, as I expect I might be hit with gripes about not getting refunds, not being able to change flights, etc. etc. So what? You know that before you book..... don't you? Why bother, if the flight is so cheap, take the hit.

As for Aer Lingus, they are just as bad on that front, but have staff stuck in the 80's, with their expectations of jobs for life, pensions etc. What are their skills? What does a baggage handler do that is harder than a bin collector? What does a check in person do that is harder than a supermarket check out person? The flight crew? Yes they have to have rigorous training and know what to do in an emergency, so I respect them for that. They will save my life someday so I don't care if they are having a bad day sometimes. Still, do they need to be sooooooooo protective of their union status?

Well done Ryanair! Now what award would MOL get I wonder??.

Politics.ie Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I assume you mean Ryanair is Number 1, but it reads like Ryanair is near 1, which is kinda accurate, fly Ryanair to 1(1.5) and bus it to 1, sure you'll be grand!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JumpedTheShark View Post
    it lost 0.4 bags per 1,000 passengers
    In fairness, that stat should be the number of bags lost per bag carried. A disproportionate number of Ryanairers don't bring bags.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I fly several times a year with Ryanair (and Aer Lingus) and have no complaints about the general Ryanair service. We also have to acknowledge that Ryanair are responsible for the huge reduction in airfares in the past decade (though SPN and his fellow Green clergy are working on this).

Ryanair staff are generally much more civil that O’Leary. I often wonder why he does his macho man crap – it must be an ego trip of some sort and, frankly, it does his staff no favours.

On-time departures: My experience of Ryanair is that they generally leave Dublin late, nothing extreme, but arrive on time or early – because they factor at least 15-20 minutes extra into the published flight time to achieve this. At continental airports they’re generally on time leaving – because they’re usually the main user of a small airport. This “return leg” advantage must seriously improve their overall average.

Lost baggage: A couple of factors in Ryanairs favour – what proportion of their passengers now travel with hand luggage only? Also, they only fly point-to-point, with no baggage transfers required. This must further serve to improve their statistics.

The biggest problem with Ryanair arises when they arbitrarily cancel a flight from a secondary continental airport.
    There’s usually no alternative carrier/service at that airport and they make no effort to look after their stranded passengers.
    They’ll refund your flight cost but you’ll undoubtedly end up paying a hell of a lot more – for extended accommodation and an alternative flight home, probably from another airport.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is Ryanair best in Europe for customer service because they don't operate a complaints line for customers?
    Please sign the petition to establish a national day of celebration in honour of the vision of the United Irishmen!
    United Irishmen Day Petition
    Skinflicks blog
    Rep abuse illustrated

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast